July (21)
June (7)
May (32)
April (210)
March (8)

News

Clock Counting Down on Windows XP Support

Postby Maxidyne » 02 Apr 2014, 09:57

"If you were to find a defect in Windows 8, then that defect probably exists backwards to other Windows versions," note McAfee's Adam Wosotowsky. "People can look at those patches and think, 'What were they patching? I bet this same problem exists in XP, but it's not patched because they're no longer patching it.' The security of an operating system drops off a cliff when support ends."

As Microsoft prepares to cut off support for Windows XP, hackers are sharpening their kni [...]
Read full news: Here
Link to topic: Clock Counting Down on Windows XP Support
Comments: 16

Need to relax?

Postby Maxidyne » 03 Apr 2014, 11:47

http://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

The ultimate Noise Machine

Noise machines are great for blocking out background noises whether you're trying to work, study, relax, or even sleep. Compared to conventional noise blocking machines, our noise generators can be shaped to the frequency characteristics of the environmental noise one needs to block, and therefore achieve a better camouflage, or - in other words - a greater masking efficiency at quieter levels.

Listening to our noise generators i [...]
Link to topic: Need to relax?
Comments: 2

Brits pay millions to continue Windows XP usage in public services

Postby IAAG » 07 Apr 2014, 13:30

The British government has reportedly signed a milti-million pounds deal with Microsoft to continue using Windows XP in public services across the island.
Windows XP SP3 officially reaches its end of support on Tuesday, April 8, thirteen years after the operating system first launched. After April 8, XP users are strongly recommended to either get a new PC, upgrade to a newer Windows OS, switch to Linux or find a more limited, offline usage for the operating system.

The British government ha [...]

Heartbleed- a serious bug in OpenSSL that's existed for two years

Postby Matthew » 08 Apr 2014, 06:13

I found out about this at ~1AM this morning:

The Heartbleed Bug is a serious vulnerability in the popular OpenSSL cryptographic software library. This weakness allows stealing the information protected, under normal conditions, by the SSL/TLS encryption used to secure the Internet. SSL/TLS provides communication security and privacy over the Internet for applications such as web, email, instant messaging (IM) and some virtual private networks (VPNs).

The Heartbleed bug allows anyone on the I [...]
Link to topic: Heartbleed- a serious bug in OpenSSL that's existed for two years
Comments: 23

Thriving since 1960, my garden in a bottle: Seedling sealed in its own ecosystem and watered just once in 53 years

Postby Maxidyne » 08 Apr 2014, 17:36

To look at this flourishing mass of plant life you’d think David Latimer was a green-fingered genius.

Truth be told, however, his bottle garden – now almost in its 53rd year – hasn’t taken up much of his time.

In fact, on the last occasion he watered it Ted Heath was Prime Minister and Richard Nixon was in the White House.

For the last 40 years it has been completely sealed from the outside world. But the indoor variety of spiderworts (or Tradescantia, to give the plant species its scientif [...]

LCD images [2014/04/16]

Postby IAAG » 15 Apr 2014, 23:45

Link to topic: LCD images [2014/04/16]
Comments: 2

US Airways sends explicit image on Twitter

Postby Plane And Simple » 16 Apr 2014, 20:38

US Airways has apologised after an explicit photo was sent from its official Twitter account in response to a customer complaint.
It said in a statement that it was trying to flag the image as inappropriate but instead mistakenly included it in a message.
The tweet was deleted after approximately an hour but not before it had been retweeted hundreds of times.
The airline said it regretted the error and was reviewing its processes.
The image, which featured a naked woman and a toy plane, had or [...]
Link to topic: US Airways sends explicit image on Twitter
Comments: 6

Some good news from the "no news dome"

Postby CDMC » 16 Apr 2014, 20:59

IAAG has some good news! Yes, really.

TGXtrucker is joining our staff and will take care of social media and news here in the forum. This takes loads of work of off my sholders. I can't thank him enough for this. After Francr left, there wasnt much work done with social media, news etc.

Now theres a person who will fill that gap and it will be better than before.

I think most of you already know TGX from way back, if not, its never too late to meet him :)

Welcome to the IAAG Staff, keep up t [...]
Link to topic: Some good news from the "no news dome"
Comments: 7

'The Simpsons' producers spill details on Lego episode; plus, first image of Lego Homer!

Postby Maxidyne » 17 Apr 2014, 10:17

You might want to block out some time for this episode of The Simpsons: On May 4, the long-running animated Fox comedy will journey into the world of Lego, as Homer finds himself transported into another yellow dimension. Will it be a snap for him to return to his old world? What happens when things like Kwik-E-Mart become the Brick-E-Mart? And how will this episode stack up against The Lego Movie, which has earned more than $250 million at the box office? “I think it’s just as good and it’s f [...]