July (21)
June (7)
May (32)
April (210)
March (8)

News

Let's Talk About Windows 10

Postby Maxidyne » 04 Aug 2015, 18:49

Windows 10 is now out for users that wish to upgrade. Now, I'm not going to talk about the problems that could be encountered on the hardware side of things. I'm going to focus on some of the features of Windows 10 that a normal user might not take the time to dig through and purge from their system.

Personally, this has turned me off of Windows 10 entirely. The privacy holes just seem too large. That being said, I am not telling anyone not to download it, just to be aware of what's going w [...]
Read full news: Here
Link to topic: Let's Talk About Windows 10
Comments: 20

SIM Cards

Postby Maxidyne » 14 Aug 2015, 18:30

These fu*king things. For the longest time I thought they were like SD cards and only held subscriber information to get my cellphone on the network. Sit back and let me tell you a geeky story about these things.

In Europe all our cellphones have them. In fact smartphones usually have two - one is added directly on the circuit board by the manufacturer for payments and futurey-stuff. In this picture you can see the standard SIM socket where your network card goes, and a little chip bottom r [...]
Link to topic: SIM Cards
Comments: 2

Researchers Find Popular Car Immobilizer Easily be Hacked.

Postby Jason » 14 Aug 2015, 21:53

Immobilizers are supposed to kill a vehicle's engine to prevent it from being stolen. However, a trio of researchers recently released a study that reveals the Megamos immobilizer system used by more than two dozen car manufacturers -- including Volkswagen, Porsche and Honda -- can be cracked with "trivial" effort. They would have revealed this glaring encryption flaw two years ago, when they completed the study, except that Volkswagen and European defense contractor Thales sued them [...]
Link to topic: Researchers Find Popular Car Immobilizer Easily be Hacked.
Comments: 5

Shoreham plane crash: seven dead after fighter jet hits cars during air show

Postby Matthew » 22 Aug 2015, 17:27

Seven people have been killed after a fighter jet taking part in the Shoreham air show crashed on to a road on Saturday afternoon.

Sussex police said the aircraft hit four cars on the A27 just north of Shoreham airport, where the Royal Air Forces Association air show was being held.

South-East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust said seven people were declared dead at the scene, while one patient with life-threatening injuries was taken to the Royal Sussex County hospital. A further 1 [...]