ETS: Screenshots

Dotec
Modder
Modder

Re: ETS: Screenshots

Post by Dotec »

---------
Life is just a game, but atleast the graphics are awesome!

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Huge difference in game play between the two. SCS really stepped up their game with ETS2 and ATS. And because of their loyal community they could grow in to the company they now are. Still expanding and getting more licenses. I really hope for multi core support and a better or updated game engine.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

Maxidyne wrote:
11 May 2020, 14:52
Huge difference in game play between the two. SCS really stepped up their game with ETS2 and ATS. And because of their loyal community they could grow in to the company they now are. Still expanding and getting more licenses. I really hope for multi core support and a better or updated game engine.
uh, where are those "Huge difference in game play between the two" :emoji23: its the same game. I think what you mean to say was huge difference in graphics :emoji28:

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Customisation of the trucks and trailers, difficult parking jobs, longer distances, better physics and probably forgetting a view...

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Dotec
Modder
Modder

Post by Dotec »

@CDMC should play more ETS2
---------

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

Dotec wrote:
11 May 2020, 17:04
@CDMC should play more ETS2
i know the game inside out, i'm not playing it anymore cause its boring and nothing to do. every time they release another map DLC i explore it in few days and collect all achievements. truck customization is just visual, it doesn't add anything.
difficult parking jobs, no such thing, they are all easy. longer distances, cause of bigger map. better physics, ill give you that, physics are improved but far from perfect, they still have same physics bugs that ETS1 have...

there is no significant gameplay improvements from ETS1, most of it is just eye candy for 12 year olds.... and this is not news, look at old SCS games, its the same thing over and over again. the thing with ETS2 is that they actually putting time and effort in to it now and not releasing the same thing over and over like before, they saw that if we start selling DLC's people will buy it. so now they are milking customers with DLC's. ATS was a fucking garbage of a game when it got released. with no content at all, but here comes DLC's....

Dotec
Modder
Modder

Post by Dotec »

of course trucking is a boring job. I started my real truck career for freedom, the view of landscape, to drive a big heavy truck. And I enjoy it everday. You can even custoimze your real truck. Does this have a effect? no. just nice looking, thats it.

so take the key, drive a nice looking truck (which is useless of course) and enjoy some landscapes
---------

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

why are you comparing real life to a game? i'm talking about the game being boring, not trucking. ETS2 is like what 8 years old now? nothing has changed in the career mode, nothing. same old boring shit, drive from point A to point B. RnR was 10 times better and that thing was a buggy mess, but the career was interesting and had a point. ETS2 career is a definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again, expecting shit to change.

we're going off-topic here :emoji6:

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

I said it a number of times and I'll say it again - I find Rig'n'Roll ten times more interesting than any of SCS games. In R'n'R the world is dynamic and feels alive.
You always get random encounters, side missions, CB calls and so on... Don't get me started on company management, truck damage (physical and mechanical) etc...

SCS games are "silent", so to say. Just start the truck, drive from A to B and repeat. That's it. It's interesting in the beginning, especially if there's new content released, but gets very boring after playing for a couple of hours.

I'd go as far to say that even the first 18 WoS games felt more alive than ETS2/ATS. And that's just because you could have communicated via CB with other truck drivers. And you could also see your trucks and employees pass you on the road, they would always sound the horn and flash the lights.
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

Alex
On a mission from God
On a mission from God

Post by Alex »

I forgot how good RnR was! Might try and find my disk and install it again.

I think C's right about the limited career etc but I do admire how much the game has grown, they produce much higher quality content now. Not a big fan of the fact it's all DLC though! I've not played any of the DLCs, can't justify spending that much money on a game I've already bought!
-Alex

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator”