Scania TDS v8 sound mod

jaso87
New User
New User

Scania TDS v8 sound mod

Post by jaso87 »

Hello everyone i'm all new here. I got sent by francr2009 to further discuss my issue here, i would also like to aplogize for creating a new topic. So the thing that has been bugging me, is i can't really find out how to mod sounds in to scania tds, i have got it all correct by using the scs_extractor and i find the necassary folders : Def//vehicle//truck//scania.r//sound there are 2 files, one is interior other is exterior. Now what i don't get is, what do i have to edit, because there are tons of words in both files. I'm really not in to this modding stuff with compressing sound, it's all new to me, so i hope i can learn a new thing. My v8 sound is one i found on youtube : i want this soundscript in to scania tds, any idea for what can be done? i know i have to convert the video in to a different file somehow. thanks

greetings from jaso87

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Re: Scania TDS v8 sound mod

Post by CDMC »

Welcome, go to base.scs/sound/truck

in there you will find few folders with ogg sound files witch you can edit.

Good luck

jaso87
New User
New User

Post by jaso87 »

Thank you CDMC, i've already found the sound files in sound/truck but the problem is i see many of those ogg files, but i have no idea how to edit, or what to change there ; / exempel if i want a new sound taken from youtube.. how do i put it in, so it's present in the game?

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

take the sound files you have and cut them in pieces and replace the ones that are in base.scs

jaso87
New User
New User

Post by jaso87 »

hey sorry for aksing help again, but i managed to convert the youtube video v8 sound to a OGG file, by using AVS audio converter 7.0. When i open the converted file with notebook or wordpad i get tons of weird symbols, here's an example: - did i converted it wrong? i guess i'll be needing the OGG words from that file, to be able to copy it in to, base.scs/truck/sound/ interior-exterior.. i'm a totaly amature with this converting stuff :(

á3Ãð3Þ Ì½¸/~JOì—¥–B>y`mK 1g­Ôb yoÓÛ©n’z–JÇÙ£÷ ‹;¬FÀFÇâ²¢2Eðd@Ç2Ý-#
3ñ¡M¬;eU&Ž3,ÐE®‘'ñq)‡@ü'fâev¡1
pk„ XÎ…ZÂ<è:ÔíN™Þf𞬴¸Gš3ÕRQ£`‡#[+J]@¯lkjmW%RˆõCø‘â?l„âæò)™T²Òâĝ4‰(Ï㹧Ø×*•µC;Ç퍯U¨ÕF„ó´‹cë->( óÇùå¦Å‚ÁûŸW¢^²
¹N+Wm"ñÖ”¥©6“j{°F¾ì:mѤ­UÆÍ ÷õ‡)ªAX…óXÝ$]ü}âPò…T¡C\%C,.Å ¹«Ý-¡
7ð3ºfÕŒÌéVÁ.Û¨Qz65C2t·Pöb

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

you need to dl the sound files from ror forum, i heard that that mod was published, and you have to edit those sound files. i think Francr2009 can help you more, i quite modding SCS games quite a long time now ;)

Francr2009
VIP
VIP

Post by Francr2009 »

You can't open a sound file with notepad , thats why you get all those symbols , use a program called Audacity to edit the ogg file . Now on all SCS software games there sound files are stored as low.ogg , mid.ogg , high.ogg and so on , those names represent the engine variables , for example low.ogg controls a low rpm sound that can go from 5 to 10 rpm ... basically what you have to do is replace each file low,mid , high ,etc for the sound you want.

jaso87
New User
New User

Post by jaso87 »

thanks a lot guys! so i managed to download the scania v8 sound as a file now, and when i open the folder it basically contains : Force, High, Idle, low and Medium, however when i open one of the files, there's still those weird confusing symbols.. now what to do from here :S guys you're leading me towards the finishline :) keep up the amazing job, you're very helpful here!

Francr2009
VIP
VIP

Post by Francr2009 »

Francr2009 wrote:You can't open a sound file with notepad , thats why you get all those symbols , use a program called Audacity to edit the ogg file

jaso87
New User
New User

Post by jaso87 »

oh sorry i missed out that one :S thanks again Francr2009!

Return to “Scania Truck Driving Simulator”