Scania TDS v8 sound mod

jaso87
New User
New User

Re: Scania TDS v8 sound mod

Post by jaso87 »

Hey guys i finally have some good news! i found out i extracted the wrong folder all the time lol! that made sense it didnt work. However i tred just for fun to extract the Sound folder and voila! :D that did the damn trick, i got different sound in the game now :) though it's still mixed with the standard sound, sounds a bit funny. I have to find out wich files fit correctly, but finally a breakthrough! :) http://imageshack.us/a/img824/3199/finallyr.png i'll make a video to show it, when i nail it perfectly, and see what u think about it :P Thanks for all of your help guys, you are the best!

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

"int" is for interior
"ext" is for exterior sounds :)

jaso87
New User
New User

Post by jaso87 »

CDMC wrote:"int" is for interior
"ext" is for exterior sounds :)
Indeed CDMC ^^ would anyone know why i get the standard sounds mixed up with the v8 mod ? i've deleted the standard sounds both in, interior and exterior, but it's still present in the game, and sounds a bit rubbish, thanks

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

hmmm... from where did you deleted them? because if you deleted them in your mod .scs file, it will read it from base.scs. you have to replace all original sound files with your modded ones, then it will read your modded sound files first and you wont hear the original ones :)

jaso87
New User
New User

Post by jaso87 »

CDMC wrote:hmmm... from where did you deleted them? because if you deleted them in your mod .scs file, it will read it from base.scs. you have to replace all original sound files with your modded ones, then it will read your modded sound files first and you wont hear the original ones :)
I deleted them from base.scs /sounds/truck/scania/ext/int. Basically that was the reason i deleted them in the first plcace :D becuase when i replaced the originals ones, i still had the standard sounds, so i thought if i deleted the other rpms, wich wasn't overwrited, then the standard sounds would go away, but i was wrong.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

do not delete anything in base.scs! just replace all in your mod :)

jaso87
New User
New User

Post by jaso87 »

CDMC wrote:do not delete anything in base.scs! just replace all in your mod :)
Cheers for headsup CDMC! now i know that. but the reason my v8 sound is mixed with the standard must be then because, i dont have files enough to overwrite all of the RPMs :X i only got High - Medium- Low- Iddle- Force... and there are 7 different rpm files just in exterior.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

you can use the same ones, as a worst case scenario ;)

jaso87
New User
New User

Post by jaso87 »

CDMC wrote:you can use the same ones, as a worst case scenario ;)

hmm i already tried with the same ones :O example with "High" i rename that to 2000rpm then drag and overwrite. now i have 1800rpm, then i rename the 2000rpm(High) to 1800rpm and overwrte that, but wouldn't that messed up the sound totally becasue its not the same force, in 1800rpm and 2000rpm. damn this is confusing :msp_cursing:

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

LOL, you just need more RPM's :)

Return to “Scania Truck Driving Simulator”