Plane And Simple's PC Build

Everything about PC's and stuff that have something to do with it, goes here.
Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Re: Plane And Simple's PC Build

Post by Plane And Simple »

Yeah I can do that. 40 more euros. Is it too hard to put a non modular one together? I know mb and HDDs and RAM and crap are plug&play but I dont know what requires cables and if theyre included anywhere lol. If its worth it I guess I can do that but if I can work my way around spending 40€ I'd rather do so.

https://www.pccomponentes.com/corsair-c ... lus-bronze here it is.

The GPUs are the first 3. The rest of them are refurbished (reacondicionado) which I'm not buying.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

well 40EU is a big bump, but cable management will be better. non modular PSU has all its cables attached, and semi-modular has only necessary cables attached (usally 24pin and CPU power), all other cables can be atached by you, for example you will need PCI-E cables for GPU and Sata cable for HDD, you just plug them in to the PSU and other end in to GPU or SATA respectively.

For example, you don't need Molex cables, so you keep that in the box and not cluttering your PC case :D you don't need all 8 or what ever the number is Sata calbes, you need like 1 or 2 depending how many drives you have, usally one has like 2-4 on them already.

basically look at this image, one is semi-modular, other is normal PSU. all that bulk of cables on a non modular PSU needs to be tucked somewhere in your case. modular or semi-modular doesn't have that problem cause you only use the ones you need.

all cables will be included for your PC with the semi-modular PSU, you just pick which one you need and plug it in, plane and simple, hehe

but you decide if its worth it for you. Personally - fuck yes. On a tight budget build, no. For your own convenience and ease of installation making PC look better, YES. For a PC that case has a closed up basement, no. So it depends, this is just my thoughts, you decide in the end.

For GPU, i personally would go for https://www.pccomponentes.com/powercolo ... 8-gb-gddr6
but, https://www.pccomponentes.com/powercolo ... -8gb-gddr6 is fine too. I just like the looks better on the 3 fan version, and the cooler is beefier. 3rd card is for water cooling, it doesn't fit your build.

PS. Found this https://www.pccomponentes.com/evga-bq-6 ... ze-modular its cheaper and its modular

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Oh man thats sick! Thank you so much!

Also thanks a bunch for linking from the store. Apreciate it a lot.

As for PSU fuck yes modular it is unless I can't afford it.

GPU: If theyre the exact same spec except the fans i'll go for the 2 fan one. I cant spend more than 400€ on the GPU alone lol I'd be crying for weeks haha. Also I saw they require minimum of 650W so phew.

Sooooooooo Update:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 185€
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX 120€
PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB 380€
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 2x8GB 90€
WD Black 1TB SATA3 85€
EVGA BQ 650W 80 Plus Bronze Modular 74€
TOTAL 934€

So close lol. But I don't want to cheap out so we're staying as is. If i'm doing sth i'm doing it right.

Any changes?

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

GPU is the most expensive part in a PC anyway. if you're paying for GPU less than your CPU, you're doing something wrong or its a specific system. My GPU was 500EU and i counted that as cheap lol. Mind you, my RTX2070 is slower than 5700XT! but i needed that specific card for it has a DVI port and my 144Hz monitor only runs 144Hz on DVI. So i overpaid 100EU basically just to have that DVI port, also i like nvidia more, had bad luck with every AMD GPU i bought for some reason. and my RTX2070 can run anything without any problems with high ultra settings 60+, most games are 100+ at 1080p. for example GTA5 runs at 95-100+fps all day long

as for that GPU, well its your call, but i would still sacrifice that 50EU for a beefier GPU cooler. AMD cards tend to run hot and that 3 fan version have higher clocks, i think it has two bios, one is silent, other is OC bios where it boosts the card to its full potential.

You can save about 45EU by buying non X version CPU https://www.pccomponentes.com/procesado ... ndicionado even if its refurbished, it doesn't really matter. Sometimes buying refurbished stuff is better than new, cause when you buy a new product it was taken care like any other thing and just showed in a box. Refurbished products are taken by a person and inspected with a fine pick comb carefully to make sure everything is working perfectly, then showed in a box so you know an actual person looked at it and approved it, not a machine.

So if you change your GPU to a the one with 3 fan beefier cooler and 2700X to 2700, your total will be 939EU and this PC will run anything at 1080p high/ultra at like 100+fps

PS. fix your steam status. unlink it and link it again, maybe that will fix it if you set the steam privacy settings properly

EDIT: or if you want to save even more money, get 1600AF https://www.pccomponentes.com/amd-ryzen ... -36ghz-box

and make sure its AF cause 1600AF is actually a Ryzen 5 2600 for insanely low price. for gaming you wont see much or if any difference compared to 2700, but 2700 has more cores and threads so it will be a bit better for video rendering for example.

Also you still need a case :D

So the build would be something like this;
AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 100€
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX 120€
PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB (3fan) 430€ (refurbished even cheaper ~407EU and thats a good price)
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 2x8GB 90€
WD Black 1TB SATA3 85€

Total: 899EU (876EU with refurbished GPU for 407EU)

Killer rig, im thinking of building @Chyo something like this cause she started to play a lot of GTA Online and her Strix laptop is giving everything its got :emoji28:

oh another thing, throw in an SSD for your boot drive, it will make a difference. 250GB i would suggest as minimum. Heres a good one https://www.pccomponentes.com/samsung-8 ... 50gb-sata3

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

I do a decent amount of video editing for my team so CPU isn't something I want to cheap out on As of right now i'm super fed up with long as hell rendering times and peaking CPU usage on several things lol so might as well give me some leeway with the 2700X

GPU: Is it bad particularly if I get the 2 fan one? I of course don't want to have issues but if I can live with the 2 fan one then so be it.

Is these some lower priced HDD or PSU I can get that's still good? I feel we're narrowing it down a lot as it's all pretty clear but if theres a few euros to save I'd gladly do it if it won't make this thing blow up or be unstable lol. There's a few WD (Blue, red, purple, etc) which I assume are all different write speeds. If the Black one is good by a mile then We'll stay but if the difference isn't as much then maybe I can downgrade?

So:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 185€ final
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX 120€ final
PowerColor Radeon (maybe Red Devil maybe not) RX 5700 XT 8GB 380€ or 430€
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 2x8GB 90€ final
WD Black 1TB SATA3 85€
TOTAL 934€ or 984€

Also, what would be a good case? And what format should I pick?

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

for GPU, get the 2 fan version if you want, its fine.

for PSU, never cheap out on your PSU. I would not go for a cheaper or less powerful one. Thing is, if you buy a good PSU in the first place, it will out last your entire PC... In my PC i still have the same PSU i bought 7 years ago, and its powering basically an entire new system now than when it was first installed, still going strong.

for HHD's, WD hard drives are;
Black series - Fast Performance HDD's.(if you're not buying an SSD and will use just a HDD, then definitely buy this series for better performance)
Red series - for NAS (network attached storage)
Blue series - cheaper and slower Black series. Good for budget builds. Personally not a fan.
Green series - low power slow crap, slower than blue series. I don't even know why this exist.
Purple series - basically for video surveillance systems that records data 24/7
Gold series - overkill even for me. Basically high end enterprise HDD's for datacenters.

its always possible to pick cheaper components in a build, but cheap person pays twice ;)

as for case, you're on your own. Its personal preference and cases that i like, will not fit your build or you might not like it. I still use a case i bought 7 years ago and probably never going to sell it, make a server in it or a NAS or something. I do wanna replace it, but the case i want makes no sense, is not practical or logical at all, it also costs 300EU... and i want it cause i like the way it looks. 7 years ago i bought Corsair C70 just because it looks like an ammo box, also i liked the reset button, true story :D and i still like it! Today, i hate 98% of the new PC cases and its pain in the ass to find something that looks good, is reasonably priced, has good build quality, good airflow and has proper dust filters on intakes.

As long as the case you pick has decent airflow and all the stuff can fit in it, it will be fine. I don't wanna say a case can't impact your PC performance cause it can, but look for cases with 2-3 fans in the front with mesh front intake and not glass. Like for example Cooler Master H500 Mesh.

You have a solid system, if you can't afford it instead of cheeping out, wait a month or two, save up more and buy it then.

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

I have a blue series for storage, I have a lot of stuff you are not a fan of :D :D

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Okay I'll look at the GPU, HDD and case a little later and see what's what. With the full build like it is it's close to budget and only case is missing. If it all goes well (my "business" should start picking up again soon) I wouldn't have much of an issue spending 1100€ in everything so that means good parts and good case, but we will see how it is from here on out. Still have a couple months to go before I buy so I think I can make it happen.

If not, I'll probably get the WD Blue and get an SSD a few months later. Use SSD for programs and crap and then HDD for usual storage.

I'll also read more about the GPU. It's 50€ more but as always: If it's worth it I'll be paying.

PSU stays as it is. The only decision to make is modular vs non modular which I'll choose when I order based on however I feel that day lol. Power and stuff I'm only upgrading if cost permits. The GPU requires 650W minimum so i'm not going lower of course.
Maxidyne wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 09:09
I have a blue series for storage, I have a lot of stuff you are not a fan of :D :D
Still works right? Hahaha. I mean if I can get a good good system from the start instead of having to upgrade in a year with what I'd have liked that's cool, but second hand market here is great and I'm sure I wouldnt loose too much money if I was to upgrade later on.

We'll see. Thanks guys!

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

with this system you wont be upgrading in next like 5+ years... lol!

WD Blues had problems of them dying for no reason, maybe that was a bad batch or something. But i lost data few times cause of HDD failures and even tho i lost nothing important it still sucks, thats why my important stuff are stored on WD Red drives. and for games i use SSD's or recommend using WD Black series. Even my moms PC has a WD Black series 500GB drive in it when the old one crapped out. She doesn't have an SSD, so this choice was great. Still running strong till this day. She wanted something cheaper, like WD Blue, but i talked her out cause if the HDD craps out, she will have to pay again and in the end its going to be WD Black series, so why not just pay more, buy a better HDD and forget about it.

WD blue has 2 year warranty, WD Black has 5 years... pick your poison. I never recommend cheap HDD to people who ask me to build them a PC or recommend a HDD cause their old one failed or they need more storage.

Unless you store your steam games on it and dont give a shit if it dies and you need to re-download everything, buy WD Blue. Who knows it might last you years and never skip a beat.

@Maxidyne don't get me wrong, its not that its a bad product, i just need something that im sure its gonna last :D and if it lasts for you, great! my old seagate drive ran with 8GB of bad sectors for 10 years until it finally died, so you never know, you might get lucky. I just don't want to say buy WD Blue, its good and then it dies 2-3 years later and then plane and simple says you recommended crap drive to me it failed... :emoji28:

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

@Plane And Simple Still works, 4 TB of storage. No bad sectors. Movies and series only. Doesn't have to do heavy stuff. For my OS and games I use a Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Return to “PC's”