Plane And Simple's PC Build

Everything about PC's and stuff that have something to do with it, goes here.
Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Re: Plane And Simple's PC Build

Post by Plane And Simple »

So we've been getting some really unstable power supply since I posted that last thing.

Lights started flickering and I was about to panic shut the PC down (like always lol) but it went out. No big deal of course, wait for it to power back on and be done with it but my goodness, 2020 and we have power brown/blackouts still, what the hell is this.

Seems to be all good now with the supply so here i am back at it

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Unclean shutdown is always a tiny bit scary i think lol

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Kjetil-Hestvik wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 08:08
Unclean shutdown is always a tiny bit scary i think lol
I've had tons of those on my laptop due to a faulty battery controller (which I fixed not too long ago actually) and I just got used to them lol. On that one it'd just be a longer boot time once it was starting back up but I never had any issue really.

With this one, as said, just like nothing happened. No issues so far.

About the Mystic Light / Dragon Center issue: I Installed that to see what I could do with the RGB the motherboard has. Lo and behold it was all working too well until it just restarted while playing GTA (@Se7en , @CDMC we need to play). Didn't think about it much, maybe power went out or something. 30 minutes after it did it again. And then it just started doing it every 20-60min. Event viewer says video driver issue (RX 5700 issues hello lol) for each restart. I had read about not installing this programs before but thought mine was ok so I went ahead, and it all went haywire.

So me got to fixin. I removed that, wiped all traces of it, and saw people said some older driver version seemed more stable so I went ahead and rolled that back as well just to be super safe.

We're now back to our stable system. Been using it today for quite the time as well and no issues so far, so considering it fixed. Only even viewer errors are the unclean shutdown from that power outage yesterday and some WiFi bullcrap I need to sort out with the stupid router. Don't install those programs you all :emoji23:

Also, how often / with what tools do you all dust your PCs? I might do that now after these couple weeks of use and make it a routine.

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Every 4 weeks I remove the dust filter and blow them out with the air compressor. Same goes for the rest of the PC. And a soft brush for the finishing touch. Once every 3 months I also remove the fans and clean them with a moist microfiber towel. Neat freak...

About the driver: always use the stable one, not the optional one. Those are very unstable...

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Maxidyne wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 18:38
Every 4 weeks I remove the dust filter and blow them out with the air compressor. Same goes for the rest of the PC. And a soft brush for the finishing touch. Once every 3 months I also remove the fans and clean them with a moist microfiber towel. Neat freak...

About the driver: always use the stable one, not the optional one. Those are very unstable...
Right, will do the same as well with the cleaning.

The drivers I had were a stable release. As of right now it's a December 2019 release I'm running and zero issues as said. I just read this release was more stable than the current one.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

if you have unstable power and outages for the love of god buy a UPS! you can get a decent one for like ~100EU

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

CDMC wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 00:50
if you have unstable power and outages for the love of god buy a UPS! you can get a decent one for like ~100EU
So nice to see you back!

It's all good and fixed now. Was some bad fuse in the street. No issues since!

It's all running SO GOOD and soooooooooo fast. It's crazy. SSD almost full lol but I'm not in need of much more storage as of now. Come September/October I will get some 2TB WD Black or some other thing. I miss another NVMe slot but hey that's no big deal.

Promise I'll get you some pics as soon as the painting is done

------------------

On another note, my brother got himself another one of these! :D Similar spec to mine. He's going to uni in September to study Software engineering so he kind of wanted to kit up. Let me use this topic for it so as not to spam other ones:

Ryzen 5 3600X (we were going to get the 3600 but the X was on sale cheaper than the non X so...)
MSI X570 Gaming Pro MAX (Again, I told him to get my MB but this one was on sale for 90 (90!!!) euros so off we went)
Gygabyte GTX 1660 Super (I think, 6GB version, 3 fan, he's sleeping so can't go check or ask lol)
Corsair MX500 500GB NVMe SSD (again, wanted WD Blue as I got but this was cheaper and faster so)
Corsair Vengeange RGB Pro 3200MHz 2x8Gb (Same stuff, cheaper than my LPX. Got them for 70€. I now need those. They look SO good. My god)
Corsair TX650M (same as mine)
Phanteks P400A (got it for 40 on a sale. Non mesh front but it's already ordered from Phanteks for 15€+a couple more fans, so total is 55 which is cheaper than the S of mine still)

Total price was dead on 1000€ including a BenQ monitor I can't remember the model of. Three hundred below mine for the build.

And I think that's it. Built it myself with his assistance ofc and I'm so proud lol. We started at like 19:30 and were done by 21:30 which is cool, all cable managed and stuff. Nice and tidy. Loved the build process. Super smooth and entertaining. Mine I built with a friend and he did most of the assembling. Booted up no issues (well monitor was unplugged and we were wondering where the video signal went for a few minutes lol but that was it), OS is all set, BIOS stuff all done and we left it there as it was dinner time. More tomorrow with drivers and initial setup but all looks cool!

Here's the pictures I remembered to take:

Components with my PC on the far right :D

First plug ins before cable managing:

GPU just in and final cable tying to do:

Final result. Pretty proud of how it turned out lol it's better than mine:

POSTed fine and Windows was on it's way to the SSD:

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

Its Crucial MX500 not Corsair and in the picture its Corsair MP510, how are you always get them confused lol :D

nice system he got there and good job on build it :)

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

just looks awesome :D

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Jealous! Really nice PC, and great cable management. Enjoy it!

I need to upgrade my poverty spec one...

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Return to “PC's”