Plane And Simple's PC Build

Everything about PC's and stuff that have something to do with it, goes here.
Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Re: Plane And Simple's PC Build

Post by Plane And Simple »

CDMC wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 10:03
what? why did you buy the 2.5inch one and not 3.5????? they are slow as fuck
Price :emoji23: This was around 60€ instead of 90, and as I said I'm getting another 2Tb which will be my main mechanical drive as soon as possible. This will be left as an image storage drive which I don't need any speed whatsoever on.

Also, this is around 160MB/s read/write and the 3.5 is around 190 from what I've seen. 30MB/s aren't worth 30€ for me :D
Se7en wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 00:37
Looks great man, enjoy the extra storage space! :D
Like the idea of the accessory box being inside the case, makes it handy when you need something to do around the case! :emoji106:
And dat cable management tho, my OCD approves :emoji7:
► Show Spoiler
Was about time haha I had been struggling already with what I had and with uni I needed this for Monday at the latest. And yeah I went down to the garage literally four times so I wasn't going to do that ever again lol. I'm also in love with the cable management, except that one fan cable that I couldn't route down and is placed diagonally lol.
Maxidyne wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 09:25
You can never have to much storage space! And the cable management is top notch. When I upgrade my GPU I will rearrange my cables also.
Nice! Please do show :D I love seeing them all tidy. And you bet, I'm buying more as soon as I can lol.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

from what i read you just wasted 60E, its your DATA good luck lol

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Love how everything I do is always so much of an issue lol. Might as well stop posting if thats the case. Thanks for the input though. I'm happy with my 60 wasted euros

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Should do nicely, i got a couple of externals with these tiny 2.5 drives in em for storing random stuff been running fine for years, even up on my desk that gets super hot during summers

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Kjetil-Hestvik wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 17:02
Should do nicely, i got a couple of externals with these tiny 2.5 drives in em for storing random stuff been running fine for years, even up on my desk that gets super hot during summers
I'm actually looking forward to seeing what temps does this work with in winter. We had a blazing summer with plenty of 42-45ºC days and it went great, so now it's time for the "how low can you go" thing lol.

I've only put a couple games on it and some files. No issues with the speed whatsoever. Does the job for me pretty well :)

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

Plane And Simple wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 23:55
Love how everything I do is always so much of an issue lol. Might as well stop posting if thats the case. Thanks for the input though. I'm happy with my 60 wasted euros

Listen, snowflake, its not an issue. You're making it look like an issue. Its your money and you can buy what ever the hell you want. i'm just commenting my opinion. You don't like what i have to say, don't listen to me and just ignore that comment, move on. Enjoy your "wasted 60 euros" :emoji23: I wish it will serves you well.

You have to understand, it doesn't matter how much a thing costs, if you like it and it works for you, fuck em' haters and enjoy your thing you bought.

I ran a HDD with over 8GB of bad sectors 24/7 for almost 10 years until it finally died. People said it won't last a year, yea well fuck them then :emoji23: Problem with your HDD to me, personally is that its a Black series its made to be fast, but it's 2.5inch drive for like laptops and they are slower than 3.5inch drives, so what's the point in buying Black series 2.5' drive for desktop PC if you can just get 3.5'. You said price, but if you're concerned about price, don't buy Black series in the first place. That's why i said "waste of money" in a joke form btw. Don't take it personally, i don't have a filter and say everything as i see it, not a lot of people do that now a days, everyone is scared to offend someone or whatever... Anyway; enjoy your new HDD

PS. most HDD's can operate at 0-60C range. Optimal temp is round 25-40C. I wouldn't really care about temps unless you're in like extreme conditions

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

CDMC wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 14:17
Plane And Simple wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 23:55

Listen, snowflake, its not an issue. You're making it look like an issue. Its your money and you can buy what ever the hell you want. i'm just commenting my opinion. You don't like what i have to say, don't listen to me and just ignore that comment, move on. Enjoy your "wasted 60 euros" :emoji23: I wish it will serves you well.

You have to understand, it doesn't matter how much a thing costs, if you like it and it works for you, fuck em' haters and enjoy your thing you bought.

I ran a HDD with over 8GB of bad sectors 24/7 for almost 10 years until it finally died. People said it won't last a year, yea well fuck them then :emoji23: Problem with your HDD to me, personally is that its a Black series its made to be fast, but it's 2.5inch drive for like laptops and they are slower than 3.5inch drives, so what's the point in buying Black series 2.5' drive for desktop PC if you can just get 3.5'. You said price, but if you're concerned about price, don't buy Black series in the first place. That's why i said "waste of money" in a joke form btw. Don't take it personally, i don't have a filter and say everything as i see it, not a lot of people do that now a days, everyone is scared to offend someone or whatever... Anyway; enjoy your new HDD

PS. most HDD's can operate at 0-60C range. Optimal temp is round 25-40C. I wouldn't really care about temps unless you're in like extreme conditions
Thankfully I do keep reading even after I should quit because that's not a proper way to start a post in a place like this. Whatever.

I honestly don't care if or when it dies. I just needed it right there and then and that seemed like the best option based on the circumstances. I could well have gotten a blue in both 3.5 and 2.5 forms for 3 euros less, but you've clearly said before how bad WD Blue was and how no one should buy them except for black. I followed your advice. That was it. It's not the best choice that's for sure. I could have gotten much better (specifically if I had another M.2 slot as I found a 1TB SN550 on sale as well) but as said - it was needed fast and it's not going to be put to intensive use really. Better choices next time. Oh well.

As I've said numerous times and I'll say it again, last thing I come here is to argue. I want to enjoy this place and relax in it, not come to have to defend myself after every choice I make. If I did wrong, please do explain. I like learning, and if you just say "oh well good luck" there isn't much to learn is it? I'm also not happy at all with being called names, be it jokingly, seriously or however you choose to do it. Not like it matters or anyone cares or has to care, but if we can make it slightly more friendly than it is I for once would appreciate it. If not, as I said, I'll just post less or stop as a whole.

Thanks for explaining now though. As always, appreciate it.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

this topic basically

i'm on the right

:emoji23:

as for WD Blues, meh.. in last few months i'm kinda becoming more and more pissed of at WD in general cause they are doing shady fucking shit :emoji36:

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

CDMC wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 17:06
this topic basically

i'm on the right

:emoji23:

as for WD Blues, meh.. in last few months i'm kinda becoming more and more pissed of at WD in general cause they are doing shady fucking shit :emoji36:
What are they doing? (think emoji which i cant find lol)

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

Rolf was smashing rocks and Ed said something what he always say out of context and that makes no sense, so Rolf got mad :D

Return to “PC's”