Plane And Simple's PC Build

Everything about PC's and stuff that have something to do with it, goes here.
Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Re: Plane And Simple's PC Build

Post by Plane And Simple »

CDMC wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 12:39
it should support 3 or more. Problem with AMD cards are driver issues and its keep coming back to me... There are a lot of people complaining that they suck and have lots of problems, AMD did fixed them a bit this year, but still people complain they are trash. Others, say they never had problems and they run more than one AMD card in multiple systems without any problems, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ would you take a risk on a cheaper 5700XT that you might have problems with drivers, or you pay more for cards below and have almost no problems with drivers?

How much more are cards like RTX2070 Super, 2060 Super, 2070?
I mean as long as single screen works fine I'm happy with that, I don't need triples and wasn't planning on running them but if it's a possibility then I might. As I said as long as single works i'm happy with that card.

2070: 530€ (+150)
2070 Super: 570€ (+190)
2060 Super: 440€ (+70)

That's very over budget as of now sadly. As I said, if the 5700 XT is good for single screen then that's good enough for what I need. Don't mind if it's not stable on multi, I'm good.

About RGB, as I said, I'm still poor so as you recommend I'll stay as is :D

What I see as possible upgrades in as soon as I can pay for them without issues is SSD and 16 more gigs of RAM.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 190€
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX 120€
PowerColor Radeon (maybe Red Devil maybe not) RX 5700 XT 8GB 380€ or 430€
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 2x8GB 90€
WD Black 1TB SATA3 85€
EVGA BQ 650W 80 Plus Bronze Modular 75€
Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower 70€
TOTAL 1010€ or 1060€

this is a beast of a system, you will be running games at 100+Fps maxed out or at least high/ultra settings lol :D

as for RGB, you can always add it later :)

for GPU, problems with drivers are across the board for some people like we talked on discord, so...
but i think you will be fine, i mean you're saving 100+EU and getting kick ass performance!

SSD is a nice thing to have, i would suggest getting it before the build is finished and OS installed, cause it easier that way. as for ram, you're fine 16GB is enough. If you had 8GB i would say that's not enough.
and for yall morons screaming 8GB is enough when even @Chyo was maxing out 8GB just by playing games and that caused her game to crash from time to time... upgrading to 16GB fixed all problems :c_ed:
so yea, 8GB is not enough for gaming, can you do it, yes, do i recommend, no. 16GB is a sweet spot for all round PC

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Oops sorry I thought I replied to this.

I know I'm not aware of the scale of the performance of a system like this lol and this makes me really excited for when I can use it finally. Can't wait. I've never had a good good performing PC so I'm eager.

GPU Problems: I looked and apparently using Displayport gives less issues and even then after 11.2 or something driver update early this year it seems fine. If it's only a matter of a black screen every now and then, I can live with that until they fix it I reckon. It's okay and not worth some +100€ for an NVidia card I think.

SSD... I can just get a 240 SSD (is that enough) for the OS and stuff and then the 1TB HDD later? It's an option money wise, instead of doing it the other way around.

RAM: 16GB is okay but 32 is okay-er lol. As soon as I can I'll try make that happen. then again if RAM usage is below say 70% I'll stay as is. I don't know lol we'll see.

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

As long as you don't use the optional driver. Those are always iffy. Speaking from experience, AMD GPU user for years. Never had those black screens, but like I said in the Discord chat we had: I only play ATS/ETS. My average FPS for ATS is: 155 and for ETS: 129. Vega 56 cards.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Maxidyne wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 13:51
As long as you don't use the optional driver. Those are always iffy. Speaking from experience, AMD GPU user for years. Never had those black screens, but like I said in the Discord chat we had: I only play ATS/ETS. My average FPS for ATS is: 155 and for ETS: 129. Vega 56 cards.
Yeah, I'll keep it on whatever people say is more stable and thats about it. We'll see how they perform

Checked prices and GPU went up a bit and case went down 30€. I want some sale to take place lol. As soon as there is i'm buying, June 10th latest

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

@Maxidyne i'm not talking about Vega 56, i'm talking about 5700/XT's. its not Vega, its Navi its a different architecture

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Uh can I do 500gb SSD for a start and then... get an HDD or a bigger SSD later?

Friends are saying I neeeeed an SSD lol. 500gb one is about 95€ or so it looks like. Any specific brands to consider?

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

Plane And Simple wrote:
05 May 2020, 00:24
Uh can I do 500gb SSD for a start and then... get an HDD or a bigger SSD later?

Friends are saying I neeeeed an SSD lol. 500gb one is about 95€ or so it looks like. Any specific brands to consider?
Its not necessary to get an SSD, but its strongly recommended. 500GB SSD will be fine, you can add another one later or get a few TB HDD.

as for brands, i would suggest something like Samsung 860 Evo 500GB, its like 90EU
if you want something cheaper, check out Adata, their SU series like 630 650 are cheaper, about 60-70EU. Or Crucial MX500, i think they are somewhere around 70EU also

all of them will be faster than an HDD

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

I use a M.2 SSD, super fast but quite expensive. 970 EVO from Samsung. But I would go for a SSD, normal HDD will bottleneck your new pc.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Alex
On a mission from God
On a mission from God

Post by Alex »

Couldn't recommend an SSD strongly enough! Well worth getting. If you're worried about cost storage could even get a smaller SSD and an HDD for storing bigger files on for photos/videos etc. I've got a Samsung drive which has been great and good value for money, we use them at work too.
-Alex

Return to “PC's”