Francr PC Update

Everything about PC's and stuff that have something to do with it, goes here.
CDMC
Admin
Admin

Re: Francr PC Update

Post by CDMC »

hehe

DanDeKalb
Modder
Modder

Post by DanDeKalb »

What's your total budget? Do you have a plan for it (how much do you want to spend for CPU, GPU, mobo, etc)?

I think the CPU is great, I have an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (don't worry Max, you're not the only one... :P)
I wouldn't buy such an expensive motherboard, I know you said you want to keep it for the next gen AMD but I think it will be cheaper to buy a decent mobo now and sell it to buy an compatible mobo for the upgrade.
For the SSD, I use a normal (SATA) Kingston A400 1TB, got it for 80 euros a year ago. I also have a 1TB WD Blue HDD for storage.

Are you waiting for the new GPUs? I didn't see you write anything about that.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

that motherboard will last him like 7+ years :D he can also overclock and stuff. ASUS makes decent boards(not all tho,lol), but you need to pay premium for them

DanDeKalb
Modder
Modder

Post by DanDeKalb »

It will last him 7+ years, sure, but does he need it? Wouldn't it be better to put that money into a better CPU or GPU instead? I don't think overclocking will compare to just buying a better CPU.
For that price he can buy a decent mobo now and a mobo in 5 years and it would cost the same amount.
I wouldn't buy a CPU and mobo both for the same price. Of course, maybe he plans to buy a very powerful AMD processor that's $350+, I still don't know the budget we are talking about.

EDIT: I see we are talking about a Ryzen 5 5600X, I would still go for a slightly cheaper mobo, maybe $150 instead of $200.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

buy a good mobo now and forget. in 5 years he can put even more powerful CPU in it and overclock it. and yes overcloking helps a lot. my 2700 is faster than 2700X and i saved like 80EU not buying the X cause you can't push them that much more than the non X variants, they max out at 4.2Ghz if youre lucky. my maxed out at 4.1Ghz.

with a cheap motherboard this wont be possible. Over all its a quality board, maybe there will be a discount or something, also the board looks sharp and its ASUS so you know it will work, most of the time lol! the B-550-E is one of the best B550 motherboards out there and yea it comes with a premium price. the F variant is like E, but doesnt have few of the features and costs a bit less. its a solid board

instead of saying buy a cheaper board, post some options that are cheaper and better than the Asus he wants to buy :emoji41: :emoji106:

Francr2009
VIP
VIP

Post by Francr2009 »

About budget, Im willing to spend around 650 buks, tops 700. I think if im buying something , it better be good quality and that it can be upgraded with ease in the future, I dont like buying stuff knowing that Ill have to sell them again and buy one more time the parts. I rather spend on a good premium MB and CPU if that makes sense. With this MB at least I know I can upgrade the CPU if I need it , if dont the 3600 is fine.

This happened with the PC i currently have, i tried to buy cheap parts and now I have to almost change everything. Yes , it lasted me 5+ years but with bottlenecks between the GPU and MB-CPU...etc.

About the new CPU´s , hmmm perhaps what im waiting is not to buy a new one, but see if my local store lower down the prices a bit for the Zen 2, maybe some sort of discount for the 3600.

DanDeKalb
Modder
Modder

Post by DanDeKalb »

I'm not saying that mobo is bad, but given a $700 budget, to me it doesn't make sense to spend $200 on a motherboard, then another $200 on the CPU, you're left with $300 for GPU, RAM, storage.
You are buying a new GPU too, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, are you reusing any old parts, like PSU, case? If so, you can subtract them from my calculation.
Here are the cheapest parts I would put in my build that don't really affect performance:
$70 PSU (Seasonic S12II-620)
$40 case (anything you want)
$100 storage (1TB Kingston A400 SSD)
$85 RAM (16GB Corsair Vengeance)

Now we are left with about $400 for CPU, motherboard, GPU.
I like to look at each part as a percentage of the total price. I would have the following budget for these parts:
$80 motherboard
$140 CPU
$180 GPU

If you have leftover money from not buying a PSU or case, maybe you can look at a better GPU.

I also like to use this site: https://www.logicalincrements.com/
For example, the best mobo I would pick MSI X470 Gaming Plus at $120. Personally I bought a GIGABYTE B450M DS3H , it's about $75 now.

Putting that aside, maybe I am looking at this the wrong way? Do you want to gradually add more and more money to the build, or is $700 your final total build budget?

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

he needs MB, CPU and RAM. everything else can be upgraded later. hes reusing old parts. why would you suggesting him to buy an old board that will not support new CPU's out of the box? B550 or up, forget X470 and lower, its not worth it if youre buying now.

his list in the first page is a good list with good CPU, mobo, ram and m.2 SSD. only thing he can get better is B-550-E and 5600X but its not really worth the money. GIGABYTE B450M DS3H is a low end board. most decent boards starts at around 150$

i paid more than a year back 210+for MB and 240EU for CPU, thats a good board and i can swap 5950X when bios support is out and it will handle it no problem. can't say that about 70$ boards where it migh run it, but for how long when theres basically no cooling on the vrms and forget overclocking.

Francr said he want to keep this build for a long time and hes willing to spend a bit more to get better parts so he doesnt have to worry about it later down the line :D

Francr2009
VIP
VIP

Post by Francr2009 »

Yep yep, pretty much Im re using my PSU, my case is fine, my mechanical HDDs are fine, tho I would like 1 more TB of storage. My GPU is fine for the moment, I know I will need an upgrade but i want a high end video card which Im guessing is gonna cost me more than 400 buks...but that can wait. My top priority is as C mentioned : MB, CPU, RAM, and Im willing to spend on those components as much as I can, those are the foundations. Thanks all for the suggestions, its good to have your inputs.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

go big or go home, eh? :D

Return to “PC's”