Re: FSX

Post by Plane And Simple »

Testing out the new bird: AS A319.

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

Been logging over 300 hours since may and didn't post a thing. here's today's flying. Got a wheel well fire yesterday as i was leaving Edinburgh so had to land back and call it a day while they got a replacement airplane for me. Continued today to Brussels then Madrid. Got a brake overheat when landing but they were cooled by the maintenance crew. Gotta love Ryanair.

Quite the view

Controller told me in advance I had to hold as it was busy so he let me stay at cruise altitude for a while then descend while in the hold. only 10mins lost so not a big deal. Got out and continued

Approaching Madrid on the visual for 18L. Quite calm, which is weird these days, it tends to be very bumpy. HUD out, Autopilot and A/T off and fun. The gren circle is where you're aiming the aircraft to

Nice and safe at the gate (I need to update the scenery)

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

Yesterday's event flight across the Atantic. Boston Logan to Amsterdam Schiphol on a KLM Boeing 777-300ER, Flight number KLM654. I got up at around 9 to have some quick breakfast and strart preparing paperwork and plan the flight. The idea was to get everything printed as per the real dispatch papers. I got on the computer, prepared the papers, made sure the aircraft was up to date on the navigation systems, and checked - made myself familiar with the route. This took me until around 12, when I started filing the flightplan, 2h ahead of the 1232Z (1432 Amsterdam, 0832 Boston) time of departure. I set my room up to accomodate the paperwork (had to get an extra table :P ) and hopped in the airplane, right on time at 1345. By then, I loaded cargo, passengers, and set everything up, when I looked back at the clock it was 1415 and I was ready to call for clearance. Clearance delivery frequency got me out in an instant, and by 1433 I was pushing back right on time.

Over 300 aircraft were leaving from Boston throughout the morning, making the grand total crossing the pond over 800. This is my aircraft in blue, pushed back and waiting for taxi, with a packed international terminal. I was off the ground by 1447

After that, I got handed over to 5 different controllers, and once I called for oceanic clearance and got the OK, I was almost out of the radar scopes and over the sea. The most amazing thing is the overtaking, 1000ft (300m) vertical separation, 0 meters longitudinal.

Oceanic frequencies were packed, with over 25mins of delay between position reports (when you normally wait 0, it's quite quiet). around 4h30 into the flight, it started getting dark, 2/3rds of the way in

Lights on the cockpit coming on

Approaching the UK:

Spot the traffic beneath me

Over Manchester, everyone was arriving as soon as I was over, packed.Every diamond on the navigation (right) display is an airplane:

Turning onto final at AMS:

7 hours, 10 minutes later, 6h38 of which in the air, we made it to the gate. I HATE taxiing from Polderbaan in 18R to the airport, so long :P

Truly unforgettable

Alex
On a mission from God
On a mission from God

Post by Alex »

Awesome write up! I've always wanted to give CTP a go but never have. Next time perhaps!
-Alex

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

It needs some studying for when to do what and all but you will be able to do it for sure, without issues. Let me know if you can in may, we'll fly :D

Sent from Tapatalk

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Great screenshots, and nice to read write-up. You had a great time by the looks of it :handgestures-thumbupright:

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

:lol:

“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

this was more fun that i was expecting :D

Return to “Flight Simulator X”