Post real car pictures and videos here!

General discussions about anything with wheels goes here and apparently boats, now.
Kjetil-Hestvik
Donator
Donator

Re: Post real car pictures and videos here!

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Id like a digital dash, not because i love it just yet but considering the future of all electric cars is like a decade out at most, best to get used to :D

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

yea, it hurts me, but i know what you mean, so can't really argue with it :D

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Post by Plane And Simple »

Superb start for the mileage and the weather! And those Virtual cockpits are sick. My dad has had a bunch of them in the different Golf/Audis he got for work and I love them. I'm an analog guy too but a hybrid analog/digital display seems like the way to go. That, or a full display with big dials like you can do on the Audis.

My Polo has been having rough as hell cold starts for a long time already when it gets cold. Does pretty similar to @Kjetil-Hestvik 's, even though its a gasoline engine lol. I haven't had time to drop it to the service but last time I said check everything including a coolant leak, and that the alternator light magically disappeared from the initial check (no idea if it ever comes on otherwise because I don't stall it ever), and he said it all seemed fine. Told him to do the plugs as they were getting old with close to 55k on them. No improvement. Next step is apparently injectors which is what I always thought of, so we will see what happens.

The colder it got the more it struggled. anything from 2-6 seconds of starter time and some cylinder(s) catching, until it eventually starts and while it vibrates a bit at idle (could well be a bad motor mount as I feel it do weird things when going over speedbumps) it runs fine while being slightly sloppy on throttle changes which has been for a long time too. God knows what it is lol.

Plot twist? Left it a whole week standing after nights of -2 to -8ºC. Went to drive it today with zero hopes of it starting and it started almost perfectly lol.

God damn it :emoji23:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

did you warmed them glow things before the start?

Kjetil-Hestvik
Donator
Donator

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

He got a petrol engine, nothing to pre heat i think :D

Figures it starts up good when you least expect it...know that feeling. Bad start cam shaking says alot, sadly iw forgotten everything i learned as a mechanic back in 2003 so cant help much :emoji12: looks at max

I have thought about replacing my glow plugs, but when they are this old its a chance they break when removed right? turning it into a real expensive repair

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

petrol that revs to 5800? looks like diesel :D

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Post by Plane And Simple »

Yes it's a gas engine as I said. Revs just as high as most utilitary engines nowadays :D It's engines that veer towards performance that use to rev higher.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

interesting :D

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Petrol engine starting bad; most common things:

- spark plugs
- spark plug wires
- ignition coil(s)

Less common:

- vacuum leak(s)
- sensor problem (cam/crankshaft, lambda etc)
- fuel pump

And more...

About the virtual cockpit: when it came out I was really excited about it. But after living a few years with the system I must say analog clocks are nicer, better to read in sunny weather and you can see especially with manufactures that produce more expensive cars the detail and quality that went in to those instruments. Now it all looks the same with those digital instrument clusters. Biggest difference between our virtual cockpit and my best friends C4 GP digital dash is the smoothness of the graphics and the speed of the system. But it's fun to mess around with the layout from time to time. Looks completely different and it feels like you have another car. (until you look around of course)

If you ever see me fighting in the forest with a grizzly bear: HELP THE BEAR!

Kjetil-Hestvik
Donator
Donator

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Just a couple of mins of idling, from a engine room that might need a wash this spring :emoji12:

Return to “General Discussions #2”