Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Other PC games and discussions goes here.
Forum rules
Read this.

Request your favorite game categories.
Se7en

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by Se7en »

OH what the hell, yes it is! :D :D
Building is not accurate, but I see the shadow of my apartment building from the aerial picture they used as a texture!

I thought I heard a plane circling above me, you should have dropped in for a beer! :P

That second shot looks fairly accurate, I recognize those hills in the distance! :)
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

it looks quite flat :D

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

There are more hills to the right, but you can't see them from the wings!
► Show Spoiler
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

Alex
On a mission from God
On a mission from God

Post by Alex »

I’ll film a longer fly around the area for you tomorrow!

The buildings are obviously still autogen so don’t match exactly but damn a lot of them are close! Just the realistic terrain makes a huge difference. I’ve been trying a few of the airfields I’ve flown out of in real life and damn is it impressive! Everything looks exactly where it should be, and the cockpits etc are textured well, sounds are good, it’s very immersive!
-Alex

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Post by Plane And Simple »

DUDE

I'm so sorry I cant post screenshots cos I can't for the life of me find how to take one in sim but FUCK MY LIFE

Listen

I installed this and set it to high as the software recommended. Turned off VSync and lowered AA because well those are big fps hogs and didn't want to be disappointed by the framerates. Remember mine is Reccommended to ideal spec. So I set my controls (all this at 3:30AM as it finished dowloading. No way my anxious ass was sleeping till the next day) and went on to the first tutorial on camera views and basic controls.

I for the life of me could not believe what I was seeing. Smooth as heck (60fps ish) and insane scenery, even though not breathtaking. Complete a couple tutorials and I go to my local airport and set real weather and sunrise.

I get over my city and while it's true to life and almost perfect its missing a bit so I say fuck it. Settings and on to ultra. Max out everything.

WHAT

NO WAY it is staying over 40FPS here. And heck yes it was! It hasn't dropped since.

Yes boys, all ultra, no tweaks, absolutely everything maxed at 1080p, it worksssssssss

I havent had time to do a proper flight yet as today was busy for me but I'll do tomorrow the whole day probably. I'll get you some shots.

Here are some printscreens passed over whatsapp and redownloaded. Sorry for the quality of them. You be the judge.

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Double post, sorry. Just caught up w the thread.

Autogen I read is going to improve a lot as soon as the maps app thing figures some crap out. Military bases here in Spain arent showing and all but they said they're on it. Of course autogen won't be 100% accurate but damn is it close!

@Alex Take the DA40 or the XCub for a spin. Tried those two and very impressed. What do you think about the controls and their sensitivity?

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

@Plane And Simple when are you gonna update your specs in the profile?

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

CDMC wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 01:22
@Plane And Simple when are you gonna update your specs in the profile?
Right about now

Alex
On a mission from God
On a mission from God

Post by Alex »

Plane And Simple wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 23:09
@Alex Take the DA40 or the XCub for a spin. Tried those two and very impressed. What do you think about the controls and their sensitivity?
I flew both but a bit glass-cockpit for me! Everything in the game seems to have a G1000 and I'd rather have gauges! Flew very nicely though.

Handling in general does seem sensitive, particularly in yaw, i've had to set a deadzone and drop the sensitivity on the rudder pedals axis because I was finding the aircraft would violently drop a wing if I tried to apply any sort of rudder and it was hard to steer on runways etc.
-Alex

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Alex wrote:
Plane And Simple wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 23:09
I flew both but a bit glass-cockpit for me! Everything in the game seems to have a G1000 and I'd rather have gauges! Flew very nicely though.

Handling in general does seem sensitive, particularly in yaw, i've had to set a deadzone and drop the sensitivity on the rudder pedals axis because I was finding the aircraft would violently drop a wing if I tried to apply any sort of rudder and it was hard to steer on runways etc.
Still need to try almost all planes lol. About to go do it.

And yeah I felt the same, although the default curves look normal I may have to edit them. I'm getting used to it though

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Return to “Other PC Games”