Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Other PC games and discussions goes here.
Forum rules
Read this.

Request your favorite game categories.
CDMC
Admin
Admin

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by CDMC »

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Cores, 32-Threads

On medium you can see its very CPU limited

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Getting crysis flashbacks

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

yep

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Post by Plane And Simple »

Yeah it does look like it. Then again with my Ryzen 5 6 core I won't notice it as much (plus mine is on Ultra anyway so).

I do get slightly higher FPS than that posted here for my card on Ultra though

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

Plane And Simple wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 11:45
Yeah it does look like it. Then again with my Ryzen 5 6 core I won't notice it as much (plus mine is on Ultra anyway so).

cause you're not flying where the benchmark was taken. NY KJFK is the worst as far as i know for FPS, so the results would be even lower in those graphs.

you have a nice system, enjoy :D but you have a mistake in your profile, check the HHD section :emoji23: i posted it on discord, but you missed it

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

CDMC wrote:
Plane And Simple wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 11:45

cause you're not flying where the benchmark was taken. NY KJFK is the worst as far as i know for FPS, so the results would be even lower in those graphs.

you have a nice system, enjoy :D but you have a mistake in your profile, check the HHD section :emoji23: i posted it on discord, but you missed it
I have flown in new york and while I dont get 55 like usual its slightly over 40 still if I recall correctly

I'll check and fix later Image

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

your PC is doing its best :D the sim does look good. tho it runs on DX11 still, i heard they will add DX12 support later, i should run a bit better then

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Sure is! NYC on multiplayer which I flew today drops to like 35-38 so I'm more than happy anyway. There are some dips to 15-16 for a few seconds while it loads crap but I don't care, im staying in Ultra lol. It's all good everywhere else.

A friend and I are doing an Accross the country USA trip, VFR only. Let me know if you want to see some pics :)

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

sure post some pics :D

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

From the day before yesterday's leg. Washington Dulles to Zanesville Municipal Airport. Pretty challenging weather visilibity wise but we made it through with a stop on a very beautiful Marshall County Airport (which I didn't expect to be so beautiful to be honest) for fuel.

Would strongly reccomend stopping in Marshall Cty. if you do fly by. Challenging approach due to terrain and some updrafts on final making you work for it.

Rest of it was uneventful but very fun nonetheless. Weather avoidance and navigation itself between all the terrain was great learning. Total of 2h15m flight time counting the stop. Good stuff.

Full route for day 2 in case Alex wants to take a look: KIAD KOKV 2G4 KMGW KMPG KCDI KZZV

Pics in 2 posts because I can't seem to be able to post all at once

Right after departure we started to meet the cloud base. We were aiming for 4,500ft but at this time while we could IFR it through we decided to climb above as we didn't trust the terrain just yet and we didn't want to take unnecessary risks.

Still at 45 and showers started to come in. We held it though as visibility was feasible still

Then it started to get crappy...

...so up we went

And this is what cloud surfing looks like. We switched to IFR as there was no way we could follow landmarks like this but it was all well worth it. Bellow some shots of this part.

At this point I was carefully monitoring the fuel situation as I was pretty sure I didn't want to make it to destination almost dry. We planned a stopover right at this time and continued to it, right when the low fuel warning came on

Return to “Other PC Games”