Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Other PC games and discussions goes here.
Forum rules
Read this.

Request your favorite game categories.
Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by Plane And Simple »

At this point we're only a few miles from our fuel stop so down we go and the search for the beacon begins. Let me tell you it took us a second lol

After a pattern around the airport (and it being closer than we anticipated) we caught the wind sock and turned ourselves for the pattern. Pretty shaky with all the mountains shaping the wind around

Down we are and fuel we must pump

And after less than 5 minutes of engine off time we went off again. Up the ridges and the views were beau-ti-ful.

Rain showers around

Look at that fuel gauge showing full :emoji7:

As of this time we found the ceiling to be at around 4,600ft so we stayed between 44 and 45 hundred just to play it safe. We didn't want to go IFR again

Pretty decent weather seeing where we came from

And this is our destination for the day. Cessnas get a break and we do too. Joining a left pattern for landing

Just about to put it down for the day, my friend had already vacated and was on his way to park

Today we took a day off. Tomorrow we're ending right around the Indianapolis Area. We didn't want to miss visiting the Speedway. I'll keep you posted.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

nice, keep em coming, looks great

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Okay, today's leg. Sorry there are so many pictures.

As always we left where we stopped the other day. KZZV which is Zaynesville Municipal airport. We planned to cross over Columbus and keep heading west towards Indianapolis to visit the speedway. To get our 2h30m of flight time put down then we'd turn northbound to head towards Chicago which we plan to stop on as well. The final destination for today was Frankfort Municipal some 25 miles north of Indianapolis.

We left Zaynesville and got onto some not too close then maybe a bit close formation as we were so nicely level. Great landscapes even though so many crops got tiring after the first hour lol.

Several airports on the way as usual and very good weather today

Some new landscape at last

Approaching Indianapolis. Dropped the altitude so as to not go into Class B airspace and have to talk to people. We're good being antisocial

Starting to look for the speedway now. Can you see it?

There it is. Truly insane experience to fly over it. So much so we decided to lap around once :D

And off we go northbound

Here is our destination. We were not sure of the winds so on to pattern altitude to catch the wind sock and then choose a runway to land on

We're almost there

And off we are. Half a tank so we fuel up for tomorrow just to not have to worry.

Tomorrow, if it all goes well, On to Chicago City.

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

haha, in second picture im like, oh you have a BMW driver on your ass following way too close :D

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

What a stunning views! And it looks scary real. Just look at the graphics, insane!

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Leg 4 of our Accross the Country USA trip. Today's route took us from Frankfort Municipal Airport some 30 miles north-northwest of Indianapolis towards Chicago, to visit O'Hare and the Skyline and then turn West towards Moline, Fairfield and end in Davenport.
Slightly tiring leg with no challenges whatsoever but we're on to the next one tomorrow anyway. Fueled and rested up, we're long way aiming towards Denver and the Rockies.
Full route: KFKR KLAF KRZL KGYY KORD 06C KDKB KRPJ KSQI KDVN

Alex
On a mission from God
On a mission from God

Post by Alex »

Love the screenshots! I really ought to do some big xc trips too, there's some USA trips that i'd love to do in real life that might have to be virtual only for now! Have you been flying with VATSIM/live atc? or just with the game built in.

Might take a Cub down the Mississippi! stay tuned..
-Alex

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Alex wrote:
02 Sep 2020, 10:19
Love the screenshots! I really ought to do some big xc trips too, there's some USA trips that i'd love to do in real life that might have to be virtual only for now! Have you been flying with VATSIM/live atc? or just with the game built in.

Might take a Cub down the Mississippi! stay tuned..
Just the game online but VATSIM works well as well. Might drop by ZBW as I used to do in '13-'16.

Let me know if you want to joing some of the last legs of the USA thing (or any other flight really). We fly at aroud 16:00 your time pretty much everyday. Will post the rest of the pics soon.

Alex
On a mission from God
On a mission from God

Post by Alex »

That'd be good fun! how long are your legs usually? I've got some time from 16:00-18:00 tonight or could join another time
-Alex

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Alex wrote:
04 Sep 2020, 10:16
That'd be good fun! how long are your legs usually? I've got some time from 16:00-18:00 tonight or could join another time
About 2 to 2.5 hours normally. We didn't fly today but I assume we fly tomorrow. Currently at Telluride and will head to Grand Canyon tomorrow if it all goes to plan. Message me on facebook if you do join so I don't miss it. We usually depart somewhere between 15:30 to 16:00 your time and arrive past that said 2.5 hours or so as we like to stop once to break it up.

Let me know if you're up for it

Return to “Other PC Games”