American Truck Simulator

Re: American Truck Simulator

Postby Maxidyne » 02 Mar 2020, 09:55

:D :D

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Maxidyne
Where few survive, Mack Bulldogs thrive

Postby Kjetil-Hestvik » 03 Mar 2020, 16:08

Idaho: Sign Here, Please

As you travel through the highways and interstates of Idaho, you will find similar types of road signage that are typically found across the United States, however, there is a unique sign that may catch your eye as you travel.

In fact, it's not one sign, but over 300 signs which have been erected to date across the state, but what exactly are these signs? They are the famous Historical Highway Markers, where Idaho’s highways and history intersect.

The Historical Marker Program, began in 1956 in an effort to preserve the history of the early pioneers and Native Americans who lived and walked in these areas of the U.S. Each one presents a short historical text about the area or event that took place, your general location within the state, the highway you are on and the nearest milepost. These signs are typically found on roadsides or in parking areas off the highways for drivers to pull-over and learn about the historical sites that surround them.

We are excited to feature a number of these unique signs in Idaho for American Truck Simulator, and continue to preserve some of the important history for virtual travellers to learn about. We encourage you to stop and take the time to read some of these Historical Markers when you reach Idaho, as each one has been created in detail to match their real life counterparts.

Make sure to add Idaho to your Steam Wishlist, and remember to check out our Social Media Channels for exclusive images not found on our blog!

Source: https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/03/idaho-sign-here-please.html
Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP

Postby Maxidyne » 03 Mar 2020, 19:01

Those are some decent adaptations! I hope they also add you have to go through the weigh stations, even empty. You have the two lanes, empty and loaded.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Maxidyne

Postby CDMC » 03 Mar 2020, 23:33

erected

wait, they did what? looks like i will be turning on the speeding fines again if they made them dynamic now.

what's with the illegal trailer and damage thing? they mention something in a stream once about maybe adding illegal trailer/cargo thing... but so far i tried few trailers and now they always give me green light and never have to visit wight station :emoji28:
Plane And Simple wrote:Running out of alphabet like...

isonline.CDMC.gif

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
CDMC
Admin

Postby CDMC » 04 Mar 2020, 06:03

hm, looks like its not completely implemented yet

as for speeding, it shows how much over the limit you're going when you get a fine and the first fine is like 400$ depends on the offense and will increase to 1k+ if done again (looks like if done again in short time after the first one). Also noticed that if you speed and catch up to a cop car in front, it wont fine you, but if you over take the cop car going over speed then it will. before it was that even if you speed behind the cop car it will fine you, sooo dunno, it looks like its better now. On my test run i drove 500+ miles speeding and only got fines when passing cops or red lights, or clipping/crashing in to AI. Did not get any tickets out of the blue for speeding like it was before. so it looks like its improved, now i don't see the reason to have the traffic offenses turned off, its not as unreasonable as it was before. so, good job SCS, i guess.

Gonna wait and see how much better it gets in the final version. I also noticed, but it might be just an anomaly, speed camera didn't fined me when doing 1 over the speed limit :emoji50:

TL;DR: Good updates! Not complete, yet. But good updates.

isonline.CDMC.gif

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
CDMC
Admin

Postby Kjetil-Hestvik » 04 Mar 2020, 14:32

Yeah probably gona be some time until it gets to a good point to call it that, but all good :D

also

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP

Postby Maxidyne » 04 Mar 2020, 14:52

Sounds good C. Small improvement, but makes it more enjoyable. I wait for the official release. Going to swap my engines for the stock ones and disable the sound mods for when the patch comes out.

License talks with Freightliner and Western Star, excellent news! Probably for these trucks:

Western Star 5700XE

Freightliner Cascadia

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Maxidyne

Postby CDMC » 04 Mar 2020, 22:53

the more trucks the better, at this point i dont even care what the trucks they add lol

isonline.CDMC.gif

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
CDMC
Admin

Postby Dotec » 06 Mar 2020, 16:08

Watch on youtube.com
---------
Life is just a game, but atleast the graphics are awesome!

1 pcs.
Dotec
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to American Truck Simulator