American Truck Simulator

Maxidyne

American Truck Simulator

Post by Maxidyne »

Copy paste from 3dartpol:
Last night, I listened to a VERY interesting interview with Pavel Sebor on YouTube. They've posted the links (2-part video) on their blog:

http://blog.scssoft.com/

For almost 2 hours, he discusses about everything SCS-related. Amongst those things... ATS!

He explained that, when they'll first release the game, it won't be the full version of what it should be. They'll provide us first with an incomplete game to give us "something" to play with and, over the months/years, the'll add, for FREE, more and more stuff until the game's adequately finished.

I highly recommend all SCS' fans to take the time to learn more about that company and their projects. Makes us understand a lot of what they have to go through. After that, one can't criticize them as easily as he/she did before, me included! ;)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So we get a game that's basically the same as the old 18 WoS games. You get a basic game that you can mod yourself to your likings. With only difference that SCS will provide updates for the game.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

Re: ATS (American Truck Simulator)

Post by Plane And Simple »

Sounds awesome. I'll listen to the interview tomorrow.

~ Nick

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

i think they will do this because the US map is massive and they just release map updates and addons later on

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

This is a good move from their side, because if we waited for them to 100% complete the map, trucks and whatnot, it would take forever.
Though, I hope it will not be too buggy, since they are releasing an incomplete game.
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

i think by incomplete they mean not full map

Alex
On a mission from God
On a mission from God

Post by Alex »

Just had a listen to the first half of the interview, very interesting, great to hear about the history of SCS. will listen to the rest asap!
-Alex

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Although the game will not be finished on release, I can't wait to play it! I just love driving in US/Aussie rigs.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Francr2009
VIP
VIP

Post by Francr2009 »

I heard that interview, pavel talked about several topics, on second part he talked about multilplayer for ets2 , and about ATS, and he mentioned the bus game, about american truck sim he said it will carry same features as ets2 and they will give free expansions updates, and that it will be launched in a matter of few months ... cant wait to test it

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

that sounds great

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Indeed, awesome =)