Disable Firefox & Thunderbird Updates

CDMC
Admin
Admin
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition

Disable Firefox & Thunderbird Updates

Post by CDMC »

I made these little reg file so you can disable/enable Firefox or Thunderbird updates

Reason is, you can't disable them completely in those program/options, you can only choose an option that will notify you when there is an update. But if you like me and your PC's runs 24/7 and Firefox with Thunderbird are also always open it gets annoying to always pressing Update Later when the new update pops up in the corner of the screen.

So i made these little reg files that will disable them with ease and of course you can re-enable them (reg files included for both Enable/Disable)

This is how it looks when its disabled in Firefox and Thunderbird (Note i use older version of Thunderbird cause reasons :D)

This should work for all versions of Firefox and Thunderbird

How to use it; Download, extract the zip archive and choose what you wanna do.
(Make sure Firefox and/or Thunderbird is closed before you apply, cause if you don't, then you have to close and re-open the program so it would apply the setting, just an FYI)
Folders are all named to what they have inside and in those folders you will find reg files that you just double click depending on what you wanna do (Disable or Enable). Enjoy! :D

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/am0ew3xp ... k.zip/file

Return to “Questions/Tutorials”