ETS 2 Latest Information

ETS 2 Latest Information

Postby Francr2009 » 28 Jun 2012, 22:55

Post under this topic lastest info about the game !

SCS wrote:Yes, we need more time
Euto Truck Simulator 2 will not be ready for release on the market in August. This was an honest estimate made early this year which we have provided to our publishing partners, and which I have announced to here on this blog. However, we realized that we need more time to complete the game in the quality that we want to achieve. Please accept our apologies for keeping your hopes high and then disappointing you.

We are committed to shipping a finished and polished game above anything else, and while the decision to postpone ETS2 release wasn't easy, it is the right thing to do. There may be some negative reactions now to this delay, but think about what would happen if we shipped the game with major bugs - you would all go berserk bashing it and our reputation and business could be damaged beyond repair. It is really better to give you a game that's fun to play with no big issues. We need the game to succeed if SCS Software is to stay in business and keep on developing simulation games. Each step along the way matters.

Continue Reading

Basically they are delaying their launching date to about a month or so , for me its ok , as long as they release a good product :D
-----------------------------------------

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
Francr2009
VIP

Re: ETS 2 Latest Information

Postby Se7en » 28 Jun 2012, 23:00

That is good actually! They now have more time for fixing bugs and glitches! :)

1 pcs.
Se7en
Donator

Postby CDMC » 29 Jun 2012, 00:26

very good, thanks for info!
isonline.CDMC.gif

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
CDMC
Admin

Postby Haritas » 01 Jul 2012, 15:44

too bad we'll have to wait longer, but the good thing we'll have better simulator for that! I hope they review our suggestions and make our wishes come true!
Random avatar
Haritas
New User

Postby CDMC » 01 Jul 2012, 15:51

i'm more consurne about the truck handling, because even in Scania truck simulator it was no where near simulation.
isonline.CDMC.gif

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
CDMC
Admin

Postby Haritas » 01 Jul 2012, 16:29

it still has that slide when entering curve at high speed, it shouldn't kick you out every time there's a bump in the corner, for example take the mission where you drive downhill in curves, i get kicked out and slide at 30 km/h.. sad for a simulation.
Random avatar
Haritas
New User

Postby CDMC » 01 Jul 2012, 16:43

yea. especially when you are on dirt roads going backwards and turning... truck slides unrealistically, or when you turn the wheel and accelerate...
isonline.CDMC.gif

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
CDMC
Admin

Postby Francr2009 » 31 Aug 2012, 17:47

SCS wrote:Steam Greenlight is here!
Euro Truck Simulator 2 has been officially submitted to Valve's Greenlight today!

Let's celebrate it by unveiling the new official ETS2 logo :-)

If you want to help us make the game appear on Steam, please vote for it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93066271

Quite a few people have raised their concern that if the game supports Steam, they will avoid it. Obviously public opinion on Steam is split - some people like it, some don't. Rest assured that Steam was always considered as a complementary distribution channel for us - we would not require people buying the game in the box edition in stores or digitally from our own website to have to install Steam or use any Steam services. But being present on Steam is very important for any independent game developer. Steam is the 800-pound gorilla of the digital distribution world, many people just go there for their games, many people discover new games only thanks to Steam. This could bring us additional sales that we couldn't get otherwise - and additional sales mean more funding for further improvements of ETS2 as well as for our future projects. Our games are 100% financed by your purchases and nothing else - we don't have any big publisher investing into our projects.

Note: There appeared a fan submission for the game to Greenlight system yesterday already, causing a bit of confusion. It looks like a too-active fan from Poland has managed to submit the game overnight, faster than we could have done so ourselves. Please don't vote for this alternate submission, we have no option but to have it removed by legal action. We have no control of the contents of the other submission.

If the person who submitted ETS2 for Greenglight reads this, we would really appreciate if he could get in touch with us so that we can try to see if we can fix the problem in amicable way. I am sure the game wasn't entered to do us harm, it looks like a dedicated fan trying to help - but in fact it is competing for people's attention with the official submission, probably taking away votes voting process that should be going to the correct entry.

Personally I dont get this ...too much mess ... I just want the game on my hands :D
-----------------------------------------

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
Francr2009
VIP

Postby Alex » 31 Aug 2012, 18:56

I don't bother with Steam myself ... but I can see how this will be beneficial to SCS ... They'll be able to reach much wider audiences ;) .
-Alex
Alex
On a mission from God

Postby DanDeKalb » 01 Sep 2012, 16:31

I have to say this is a really cool logo they made :D
DanDeKalb
Modder

Next

Return to Euro Truck Simulator 2