Post your daily frustration here!

Everything about nothing and other stuff that don't fit in other categories goes here.
Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Re: Post your daily frustration here!

Post by Plane And Simple »

All very wise words here. Agree with you all. It's sad how they just take whatever they give them and we can't get a cut as we can't be competitive. Very small margins in the sector (or very big pockets from the CEOs and companies). Sad stuff

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Yep, same thing here. I regularly see trucks with Russian license plates, pulling a trailer from company Girteka (from Lithuania), driving for companies in my country.
It's large companies that outsource jobs and drivers that are bringing down the trucking industry and salaries.

Being from eastern Europe myself, I can tell you the situation in my country:
Companies in my country offer a salary around €800,- to do international trucking, 25 days on the road, 5 days home.
In-country hauling 5 days on the road, 2 days at home is around €500,- and day jobs driving delivery trucks go around €350,-

I can imagine it's not any better in other east Europe countries so that's why people leave home and move to another country.

But it's the peoples mentality that's ruining it for other local truck drivers from the country they move to. Their goal is just to get out of their country and find a job. And when asked at an interview what kind of salary would they want, they are like "what ever you give me, I just need a job". Absolutely no standards or self-worth. And in 90% of the case, they can't even speak the language of the country they moved to.
But employers don't care, it's better for them. Why would they hire a local person that wants a salary of €2000 when I can hire this guy who will drive for €900?
Some countries have a rule that they can hire an immigrant only if they can't find a native who will fill the role for the job. But there are probably ways around that law that employers use.
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Post by Plane And Simple »

Jesus fucking Christ. 350€ here barely gets you food for two. Forget about rent.

Girteka is present here too. All Polish/Baltic drivers are the ones that come down here. No idea if they work for a lot or little.

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

You technically could survive with that salary here, but barely. €300 is minimum wage, so yeah. It's not good.

Dotec
Modder
Modder

Post by Dotec »

Last week I drove to a big company who produces stuff for the big supermarkets.
I had to wait 5h for my load wtf
---------
Life is just a game, but atleast the graphics are awesome!

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

damn, that's crazy....

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Oh that's standard stuff here as well with all big warehouses... You wait 4-5 hours and just as it's your turn to get loaded, they go on a lunch break. -.-
Tho you're still good until you have to load it yourself. I mean they get the pallet on the edge of the trailer and then you push it to the front of the trailer with a pallet jack. My friend drove a full truck of laundry detergent powder mix for Henkel factory. One pallet was 800kg. He had to load and unload the trailer by himself.

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

crazyness, only fitting word

Return to “General Discussions”