What did you do today?

Everything about nothing and other stuff that don't fit in other categories goes here.
Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Plane And Simple »

Se7en wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 19:46
I've heard they do that in the USA and a couple of EU countries, but not in my country.
Plane And Simple wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 00:20
When are the big boys coming? :D
Huh? :D
Big buses :D

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

After I pass, I guess... :emoji28:
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Se7en wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 18:10
After I pass, I guess... :emoji28:
Yup, how long is the process usually?

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

There are 10 driving lessons. I did two more today, 4 in total, 6 more to go. After I'm done with driving lessons the wait for the practical test begins.
The wait can be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Depends on how many driver candidates there are in the driving school.
I have to wait that long because the police has to come to the driving test and be a part of the committee. And they only come once or twice a month for each driving school.

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Se7en wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 19:54
There are 10 driving lessons. I did two more today, 4 in total, 6 more to go. After I'm done with driving lessons the wait for the practical test begins.
The wait can be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Depends on how many driver candidates there are in the driving school.
I have to wait that long because the police has to come to the driving test and be a part of the committee. And they only come once or twice a month for each driving school.
Well hope it's all said and done soon! Can't wait to see you employed and driving :D

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

That's some serious stuff with the police also present in the committee. But driving a bus full of people is a serious matter. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, really hope you pass in one go. Keep us updated. Make your dream come true my friend!

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Thanks a lot, guys! :)

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

Changed some caps. Amp is acting up. At first there was random buzzing sound, changed two transistors (not the output ones), i think it solved the problem cause its been few days and it didn't happend yet. its very random. Then i noticed when the amp is cold and being off for a night, when i turn it on and play on low volume left or right channel doesnt work(its very random), or works very quietly until you turn the volume a bit (feels like a bad ground), then it fixes it self and you can listen at any volume.

Those caps have boldged bottoms cause they where not mounted to the board, they were in the air on those legs. so maybe they were the cause, the amp is almost 30 years old and they were never changed.

Last year i replaced back caps from 35V 4700uF to 50V 4700uF and that fixed strange clipping/lack of bass issue (caps where leaking already anyway). Today i replaced these little ones, stole few caps (25V47uF, 16V220uF and 50V47uF) of an old speaker board and they looked fine no boldges on the bottom, or top.
didn't had any 16V 100uF caps, so replaced them with overkill 100V 100uF caps that i had a bag of brand new ones :emoji23: i mean as long as the voltage is higher than the original one, its fine :D

fingers crossed, hope this fixes it, if not, i need to order more caps and change all of them cause at the moment i don't have all the necessary ones

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

CDMC wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 11:20

Changed some caps. Amp is acting up. At first there was random buzzing sound, changed two transistors (not the output ones), i think it solved the problem cause its been few days and it didn't happend yet. its very random. Then i noticed when the amp is cold and being off for a night, when i turn it on and play on low volume left or right channel doesnt work(its very random), or works very quietly until you turn the volume a bit (feels like a bad ground), then it fixes it self and you can listen at any volume.

Those caps have boldged bottoms cause they where not mounted to the board, they were in the air on those legs. so maybe they were the cause, the amp is almost 30 years old and they were never changed.

Last year i replaced back caps from 35V 4700uF to 50V 4700uF and that fixed strange clipping/lack of bass issue (caps where leaking already anyway). Today i replaced these little ones, stole few caps (25V47uF, 16V220uF and 50V47uF) of an old speaker board and they looked fine no boldges on the bottom, or top.
didn't had any 16V 100uF caps, so replaced them with overkill 100V 100uF caps that i had a bag of brand new ones :emoji23: i mean as long as the voltage is higher than the original one, its fine :D

fingers crossed, hope this fixes it, if not, i need to order more caps and change all of them cause at the moment i don't have all the necessary ones
So cool you can do all that yourself! Saves a lot of money

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

yea it does, still learning bit by bit. transistors were like 14cents a pop and caps probably like 3eu for a bag + what ever i stole of off the scrapped boards i had in the junk pile :D

also when you do it your self, you know at least what was done and how it was done.

also maybe its just me but the mids sound better after changing those caps :emoji28: mid bass is more punchy, i haven't changed any EQ settings or anything. maybe its just me

Return to “General Discussions”