Post your WTF moment of the day here!

Everything about nothing and other stuff that don't fit in other categories goes here.

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator
Loading…

Re: Post your WTF moment of the day here!

Post by Plane And Simple »

I want to cry so bad lol.

I was carrying a fire extinguisher in the car as we had to have it for a test on our team car's engine. I'm driving home with it tied upright, on the side of the trunk with a strap the car has particularly for this. Fits like a glove.

Driving on a roundabout I hear something fall, slide, and then hear like if a million rocks were falling. Cue mild cloud of dust while I think "fuck" and open windows, turn the hazards on and pull over as best as the cloud lets me see, while it clears. I get out and I already know what it was. I let it settle and open the trunk. Extinguisher has loosened off the strap and fell sideways to the trunk floor. Sideways hit has apparently knocked the safety pin out and the left turn inside the roundabout slid it to the right side of the car, pressing the handle.

Luck? Quite a bit of it. Good luck, fucking none of it.

Had to clean my fucking glasses because the dust even stuck to them :emoji31:

I got home and this is the result. Thank fuck I had 2 cardboard boxes on top of the actual trunk floor and I got part of it out after this picture.

Let's see who's available tomorrow to clean this mess, because I don't want to ruin my vacuum and my lungs.

Got lucky it was on the trunk and not the seats, and got lucky there was no actual fire. Could have been worse, but

FUCK

Francr2009
Donator
Donator
Loading…

Post by Francr2009 »

Holy crap man :emoji43: Im glad this didnt turn into an accident, thats some serious Shit right there you could have hit another cae, a wall, a tree, Damn... What a mess to clean on the other hand :emoji53:

CDMC
Admin
Admin
Loading…

Post by CDMC »

could be worse, could been paint :D

it is crazy how it manage to push the pin out tho. can you really ruin a vacuum cleaner by using it to clean it?

sorry about the trunk, its definitely a WTF moment

Maxidyne
Loading…

Post by Maxidyne »

Wow! Luckily no accident. Strange how the pin could get out of it. Red with a white/greyish interior, nice combination :emoji12: You need an industrial vacuum cleaner for this crap. Normal one will die. This is so powdery. Or remove the floor and side panels and attack it with a high pressure washer. But first make it wet with a garden hose. That dust is horrible and dangerous.

Where few survive... Mack bulldogs thrive.

CDMC
Admin
Admin
Loading…

Post by CDMC »

that dust is definitely a bitch to clean. max ideas of tanking it all out and hosing it down sounds like easiest one to do

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator
Loading…

Post by Plane And Simple »

As I didn't have that vacuum cleaner (we sold our soot one from the pellet fireplace when we sold the fireplace itself) I just said fuck it and swiped the credit card for someone to do it professionally.

Fucking expensive but I'd rather save me the headache and having to explain to people what the fuck happened a thousand times lol. 50 bucks later (+ 60 for the upholstery cleaning + full interior detail as I had to do that anyway, seats were filthy) it looks like this.

Haven't gotten pictures of the interior but ALL dust is gone. FE dust and standard ground dust. Carpet had a lot of fine dust on it which was very hard to remove and it's all gone.

Thank god because I was about to sell the car as is lmao. Kidding obviously but oh my god. I'd rather have the car burn down, the insurance pays, it doesn't if your extinguisher shits itself lol

CDMC
Admin
Admin
Loading…

Post by CDMC »

i like your, fuck this ill rather pay someone else to do it attitude :D

car looks great, cleaner than ever! congrats :D

Maxidyne
Loading…

Post by Maxidyne »

So fresh, so clean!

Where few survive... Mack bulldogs thrive.

Se7en
Loading…

Post by Se7en »

So clean 😄
Sucks that it happened but now at least the whole interior is spotless 😄
That reminds me to check my fire extinguisher in the car if the pin is secure 😅
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

CDMC
Admin
Admin
Loading…

Post by CDMC »

Maxidyne wrote:
2022/06/16 11:16
So fresh, so clean!
Chrome - So Fresh Feat 3-6 Mafia :D

Return to “General Discussions”