Corfu, Greece 2019

Everything about nothing and other stuff that don't fit in other categories goes here.

Re: Corfu, Greece 2019

Postby Se7en » 29 Sep 2019, 15:55

Thanks Max! :D I would definitely recommend to visit Greece at least once, beatiful country, people and food! :emoji5:

In the previous posts, you've seen the countryside, city and seaways of the place I've been in. Now it's time to see what's on the roads of Corfu.
More precisely - buses! Majority of the buses you'll encounter there are Mercedes. Other notable brands that can be seen are Setra, Irizar and Volvo.

Let's first start off with city buses of Corfu. Their vehicle fleet consists of second-hand imports from Germany, most commonly the Mercedes-Benz Citaro and O405.
All buses are maintained extremely well, both outside and inside. I'd dare to say they are in factory condition. They really take care of their vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz O405N2

Mercedes-Benz O405GN2

Mercedes-Benz Citaro G

Citaro G & O405N2
The Citaro on the left has been recently purchased from Postbus Austria and hasn't yet received the blue livery!

MAN NL202

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Se7en
Donator

Postby Se7en » 29 Sep 2019, 15:56

After city buses, let's take a look at some coaches that I've came across.
Just like with the city buses, same goes for these coaches as well. Most common brand is Mercedes and they are all taken care of very well!

Mercedes-Benz O404 RHD

Mercedes-Benz O404 SHD

My favorite Mercedes coach, the Mercedes-Benz Tourismo / O350 RHD! :emoji41:

Mercedes-Benz Travego / O580-15 RHD

Irizar Century / Volvo B12

Irizar PB / Volvo B12B 6x2

1 pcs.
Se7en
Donator

Postby Se7en » 29 Sep 2019, 15:57

And I left the best for last! The bus that I was on during the organized trip Ypsos-Palaiokastritsa-Sidari on the 18th of September!

It's a first generation Mercedes-Benz Travego / O580-15 RHD from 2004 and it has 980.000+km on the clock.
The bus is in excelent condition, despite it's age and kilometers travelled. All thanks to the driver who's carefully looking after it. He has over 34 years of experience in driving buses! :)

Look at those Alcoa rims, damn! :emoji7:

The interior, drivers space, very comfy Recaro drivers seat:

Passengers space:

Group shot with the red Irizar/Volvo from the previous post:

View from Bella Vista viewpoint. That viewpoint is directly above the Travego in the previous picture:

And for the end, a short drive with the Travego while travelling to Bella Vista viewpoint from Palaiokastritsa: :)

Watch on youtube.com

1 pcs.
Se7en
Donator

Postby CDMC » 29 Sep 2019, 16:25

i kinda want that bus DLC to come out for ETS2 now :D
isonline.CDMC.gif

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
CDMC
Admin

Postby Maxidyne » 29 Sep 2019, 20:27

You where in bus heaven :emoji6: Some great looking buses you spotted over there! Smooth driver, only that loud music... You can't even have a normal conversation by the looks/sounds of it.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Maxidyne
Where few survive, Mack Bulldogs thrive

Postby CDMC » 29 Sep 2019, 21:48

music doesnt sound that loud :D
isonline.CDMC.gif

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
CDMC
Admin

Postby Plane And Simple » 30 Sep 2019, 20:56

Thats one hell of a cronicle! Loved reading through, had a bit of every travel topic :D

Also really nice weather even though I bet it was pretty hot.

It's weird to see the rear taillights of some buses. They look blacked out which idk if it's stock or just fades from the sun or something.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Plane And Simple
Hello Ladies And Gentleman, From The Flightdeck

Postby Se7en » 01 Oct 2019, 14:27

The weather was very nice indeed, had sun and hot weather for all 10 days! :) It was hot, but that lasted until you get in the water. :D
Regarding the taillights, it's just normal wear with age. The plastic has yellowed a bit and what once used to be shiny is now matte. Tho a bit of detailing could fix that in a second.

Maxidyne wrote:You where in bus heaven :emoji6: Some great looking buses you spotted over there! Smooth driver, only that loud music... You can't even have a normal conversation by the looks/sounds of it.

Yeah, I was! :D Amazing attention to detail and level of care the drivers and companies have for their vehicles over there. Something you rarely see in other places!
Music was not that loud, the driver's speakers had higher volume set than those in the passenger compartment. That's what the Blaupunkt device below the radio is for! :D

1 pcs.
Se7en
Donator

Postby Alex » 03 Oct 2019, 09:31

Looks like you had a fantastic trip! Great write up, Really enjoyed looking through your photos, some stunning scenery and buses!

I miss Corfu - one of my favourite places, I went a few years back... might start looking at flights for next year now!
-Alex
Alex
On a mission from God

Postby Se7en » 03 Oct 2019, 14:22

Thanks Alex! Hoping to go back to Corfu next year, it really is a beautiful place! :D
Saw a lot of British people there, especially in the northern part of the Island (around Sidari).
Who knows, maybe next year I'll bump into you... :D

1 pcs.
Se7en
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions