Post your latest purchase

Everything about nothing and other stuff that don't fit in other categories goes here.
CDMC
Admin
Admin

Re: Post your latest purchase

Post by CDMC »

you guys have cool old systems in the attics with cobwebs all over and using z906 subs as footrests, i mean wow rich much? :emoji58: :emoji23:

never heard about 5700, that main panel reminds me of Z906 actually, that controler box, looks cool!

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

I just couldn't throw it away, stored in the original box. I just don't like all the cables and most games don't support 5.1 anyway. Most speakers didn't work for 90% of the time. Maybe I should sell it...

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

yea, i know what you mean, 5.1 in games is a rare thing. Works better for movies

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Personally I like 2.1 more, for games and movies. I don't like it for movies because speech comes out of the center speaker most of the time and is most of the times hard to follow. And action scenes are ridiculous hard with 5.1.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

it has to come out of the center channel, thats how its designed, same in movie theaters. Action scenes are good too, you just need to turn the volume up. Problem is most people watch movies on 5.1 system as they do with 2.0 quietly...

First off the movie has to have 5.1 audio track, second the volume needs to be up, explosions have to be loud and ground shaking, voice needs to be clear and loud-ish. well it also depends on what kind of 5.1 system you have i guess. some of them can be just bad, or the movie doesn't support 5.1, then the sound sucks :D

for example i know that on Z906 you can adjust sound levels for all speakers, so if the voice is to low, you can turn the volume up on the center channel to hear it better.

Still, in the end the best is 4.0 :D
4 Big 3 way speakers with at least 10" subs in 4 corners, that will sound much better than any (home) 5.1 system. For example if an explosion happens on the left, the bass will be on the left cause of the big subs, or if it happens behind you, the bass also comes from behind and not just one spot like 5.1, that's what i dislike about 5.1

Other than that, its cool to watch movies with surround sound. Watched an episode of family guy and there was a knock on the door behind the scene, i thought neighbors where knocking on the wall behind me LOL!

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

All true what you say! But I like 2.1 system better, just personal. Like I said before: dialogue is soft, and action scenes are loud. You constantly have to adjust the sound level.

And I hate all those cables lying around. You have hollow plinths, that's the only solution I can think of to get rid of the cables. (out of sight is what I mean)

:emoji23: :emoji23: yeah 5.1 sound can play tricks on you!

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Not that rich, just downsized and it works surprislingly well, used to be addicted to the 5/1 setup they were the best thing in the world :D Soundbar plays louder than what my ears can handle with decent bass, and the headphones works great with everything Sound BlasterX Katana Beyerdynamic 770 Pros

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

worse part is when they include black speaker wires. The ones i have on LG are those transparent wires, you can't see them on light color laminate floor, they blend it :D i didn't even routed them thru hollow plinths and i don't notice them at all, unless i'm vacuuming the room. Actually you also made a good point now that i think about it. 5.1 usually don't need thick wires for satellites and you can hide it easily, but with 4.0 system i mention you need thick ass wires and those might not even fit in hollow plinths so you're screwed on that :D

uhh... audio, em i right? :emoji23:

@Kjetil, of course theres RGB on the sound bar :emoji28:

those headphones are nice but there is no way that sub is better than what you are using as a foot rest :emoji23:

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Nice purchase! So this is a external audio card? My onboard audio has 5.1 support and also 5.1 output jacks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn TA-1024 met Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussions”