Post King of the Road pictures and videos here!

All discussions about King of the Road goes here

Post King of the Road pictures and videos here!

Postby Se7en » 16 Dec 2016, 16:15

Finally got the game to run, max resolution I can set it to is 1024x768, though in-game it's stretched to 1920x1080. :D
It was nice to revisit this legend of a game, physics are still very good and it feels very realistic compared to some newer games -- and don't even get me started on the game music/soundtrack. :emoji41:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
User avatar
Se7en
Donator

Re: Post King of the Road pictures and videos here!

Postby CDMC » 16 Dec 2016, 16:21

HOW did you manage to run it?? on what windows? i know XP works

as for soundtrack :D
Watch on youtube.com
Plane And Simple wrote:Running out of alphabet like...

isonline.CDMC.gif

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
User avatar
CDMC
Admin

Re: Post King of the Road pictures and videos here!

Postby Se7en » 16 Dec 2016, 16:40

On Windows 8!
I found a solution on a Russian forum, you have to add some DirectX *.dll files in order for it to start up without giving you the graphic accelerator error.

Just download this: https://yadi.sk/d/e_SiYr20sC8Gq
Extract the following files to install directory of KotR: D3DImm.dll , DDraw.dll and dgVoodooSetup.exe
You can do some settings tweaking in the dgVoodooSetup.exe file regarding the DX rendering and resolution.

After that, just launch KotR and enjoy! :D Of course, you must insert the CD (or mount *.iso) in order to run the game!
Image
Image

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
User avatar
Se7en
Donator

Re: Post King of the Road pictures and videos here!

Postby CDMC » 16 Dec 2016, 16:45

Se7en wrote:On Windows 8!
I found a solution on a Russian forum, you have to add some DirectX *.dll files in order for it to start up without giving you the graphic accelerator error.

Just download this: https://yadi.sk/d/e_SiYr20sC8Gq
Extract the following files to install directory of KotR: D3DImm.dll , DDraw.dll and dgVoodooSetup.exe
You can do some settings tweaking in the dgVoodooSetup.exe file regarding the DX rendering and resolution.

After that, just launch KotR and enjoy! :D Of course, you must insert the CD (or mount *.iso) in order to run the game!


that's pretty cool. gonna check it out a bit later. thanks for the info man!
Plane And Simple wrote:Running out of alphabet like...

isonline.CDMC.gif

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
User avatar
CDMC
Admin


Re: Post King of the Road pictures and videos here!

Postby CDMC » 16 Dec 2016, 17:11

i know that map better than my own city :D whats with the video cut at the start? Speeding camera? LOL!
Plane And Simple wrote:Running out of alphabet like...

isonline.CDMC.gif

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
User avatar
CDMC
Admin

Re: Post King of the Road pictures and videos here!

Postby Se7en » 16 Dec 2016, 18:02

No idea :P Better be careful with the cops in this game, because there will be a nasty surprise waiting around the hill (2:32) :D
Image
Image

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
User avatar
Se7en
Donator

Re: Post King of the Road pictures and videos here!

Postby CDMC » 16 Dec 2016, 18:23

Se7en wrote:No idea :P Better be careful with the cops in this game, because there will be a nasty surprise waiting around the hill (2:32) :D


there are two places on the map where they have that thing :D
Plane And Simple wrote:Running out of alphabet like...

isonline.CDMC.gif

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
User avatar
CDMC
Admin


Return to King of the Road

cron