Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Dies At 55

and now its time to do the news...

Forum rules
CLICK HERE

Also all the credits for news you see here goes to there respectable owners/writers/sites. We don't make any profit off of this, we just share information. Thank you for understanding.
Maxidyne

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Dies At 55

Post by Maxidyne »

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has passed away at age 55.

"Nintendo Co., Ltd. deeply regrets to announce that President Satoru Iwata passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct growth", reads a statement from the publisher.

Iwata-san had spent the last couple of years battling the growth discovered on his bile duct, which resulted in his absence at last year's E3.

Iwata began working at Nintendo in the 1980s as a programmer, working at the HAL Laboratory. Much of the success of Kirby can be attributed to Iwata, who created the eponymous Dream Land in Kirby's debut on the Game Boy in 1992. He became a director of the company in 2000, and was appointed President of Nintendo in May 2002. Iwata oversaw the launch of the Nintendo DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.

The Accomplishments of Nintendo's Satoru Iwata;

During his tenure, Iwata placed a great deal of focus on accessibility and open communication with his fans. His role as the host of the "Iwata Asks" series of game developer interviews pulled back the curtain on the notoriously secretive company, and he was admired for his friendly and irreverent attitude.

Iwata-san was with Nintendo through some of its best times - the Wii boom back in the mid 2000s - and the roughest - the tough launch of its successor.

Nintendo said it has not decided who the next president will be. In the meantime, Shigeru Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda will jointly run the company.

Thank you Iwata-san.

Source: IGN

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Maxidyne

Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Dies At 55

Post by Maxidyne »

I grew up with Nintendo, NES, SNES, N64, GC, Gameboys we had them all. Always loved Donkey Kong, Mario Bros. Mario Kart, Zelda, Star Fox etc.

RIP Mr. Iwata, thank you for the amazing games and the good times!

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

Post by Plane And Simple »

I was never a fan of consoles myself, but this man was certainly one of a kind. No words, just Rest in Peace

Sent from Tapatalk

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

RIP, you brought a lot of enjoyment to many people. Even though I never played on any Nintendo, I'm sure that this he contributed to gaming industry to be as we know it today.
I did play Mario on PC tho, it was one of my first ever games, I heard that was released for Nintendo first, so yeah... Awesome memories, great loss. :(
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Plane And Simple wrote:I was never a fan of consoles myself, but this man was certainly one of a kind. No words, just Rest in Peace

Sent from Tapatalk
I grew up in a period when you didn't have PC gaming. Late 80s you got the Commodore 64 and later the first DOS PCs. I remember Test Drive, Stunts and Outrun, I played those games a lot on our first PC.

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

Maxidyne wrote:
Plane And Simple wrote:I was never a fan of consoles myself, but this man was certainly one of a kind. No words, just Rest in Peace

Sent from Tapatalk
I grew up in a period when you didn't have PC gaming. Late 80s you got the Commodore 64 and later the first DOS PCs. I remember Test Drive, Stunts and Outrun, I played those games a lot on our first PC.
I'd agree, but fast forward a few years. I grew up with the GameBoy Color, DS and (non-Nintendo) PSP. It's just that I'm one of those who would always happily trade a console for a football match, cycling ride or just meeting friends, but I have to agree this man changed lives.

Sent from Tapatalk

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

I was an outside kid, we always played all kinds of games. But we also played computer games from time to time. It was different back then, you wouldn't play computer games all day like they do now.

The good times, no worries, no commitments, just fun. Being a kid was good here in my country.

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

How depressing is growing up... :D

Sent from Tapatalk

Return to “News”