Shoreham plane crash: seven dead after fighter jet hits cars during air show

and now its time to do the news...

Forum rules
CLICK HERE

Also all the credits for news you see here goes to there respectable owners/writers/sites. We don't make any profit off of this, we just share information. Thank you for understanding.

Shoreham plane crash: seven dead after fighter jet hits cars during air show

Postby Matthew » 22 Aug 2015, 17:27

Seven people have been killed after a fighter jet taking part in the Shoreham air show crashed on to a road on Saturday afternoon.

Sussex police said the aircraft hit four cars on the A27 just north of Shoreham airport, where the Royal Air Forces Association air show was being held.

South-East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust said seven people were declared dead at the scene, while one patient with life-threatening injuries was taken to the Royal Sussex County hospital. A further 14 patients were treated for minor injuries.

The hospital said it was put on alert for a major incident at 2pm. β€œThe aircraft ended up in a bush. There have been several casualties, but we have no further information on these at the moment,” the spokesman said.

The A27 remains closed in both directions and drivers have been told to avoid the area. The interchange at Lancing is also closed.

The plane involved – a Hawker Hunter single-seat fighter jet – was attempting a loop manoeuvre, but failed to pull out. One eyewitness said the pilot did not eject before the plane hit the ground.

Source.

Watch on youtube.com
Matthew
IAAG Member

Re: Shoreham plane crash: seven dead after fighter jet hits cars during air show

Postby Plane And Simple » 22 Aug 2015, 18:33

My condolences. May they rest in peace. I hate this is happening so often now.

Sent from Tapatalk

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Plane And Simple
Hello Ladies And Gentleman, From The Flightdeck

Re: Shoreham plane crash: seven dead after fighter jet hits cars during air show

Postby Maxidyne » 23 Aug 2015, 09:26

Just horrible.... :cry: My sincere condolences to the families who lost a loved one.

I read in the newspaper this morning that the pilot survived. It's not the first time a horrible accident happened on a air show.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Maxidyne
Where few survive, Mack Bulldogs thrive

Return to News