Off Topic

Everything about nothing and other stuff that don't fit in other categories goes here.
Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Re: Off Topic

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Thanks world, photo below is from today...forecast for tomorrow? Rain and around 1-3+, say hello to icy conditions. And my first truck driving on the road is scheduled for 8.30 :D

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Good luck with the driving lesson! Keep it between the lines. (if you can see them)

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Se7en

Off Topic

Post by Se7en »

Good luck! Keep it on the tyre tracks that the vehicle in front of you left in the snow!
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

good luck man, those things can slide in the wet, on snow its even worse

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

Post by Plane And Simple »

I love not having snow so I can get up later for class lol.

Good luck with the driving and hope you can master it ASAP!

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

The government lowered the national speed limit from 130 km/h to 100 km/h... Because of the nitrogen crisis. But do they take measures for the industry, shipping, aviation etc? No. Only cars. And they want to pass a law that all cars older then 15 years are being removed from the roads.

I'm furious :emoji35: I know we have to do something for the environment, but like I wrote earlier: they spare the industry, shipping and aviation. And most pollution is created by those industries.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

in winter we get reduced speed limits. but only in winter. as for 15 year old car rule, absolute total bullshit! imagine people who have cars that are like F40 and so on... old classic exotics and stuff like that

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Well, 12hrs of truckdriving later now it feels like home, and now we wont drive for a while lol

Some interesting things, the other day we had a flat out computer issue that claimed it was a issue with the breaking system, we managed to limp it to a Scania garage(where i bought non of the overpriced jackets or toys)

Today we drove inland and over somewhat of a mountain, 20 mins going up, same back down on twisty roads, then turned around and drove back. Salted so road surface was clear even with a thick layer of snow everywhere and -2c. Also a couple of cowgates where if ur on the power while going uphill you can spin and wreck the axles apparantly.

Now does driving in a place like that lead to alot of V8 rumbling? hell yes, i want to go back

Daily check they do here now takes me less than 2 minutes, oil and coolant in the front, tires, locks for the cargo box on the frame, cargo, lights

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

Post by Plane And Simple »

Kjetil-Hestvik wrote:Well, 12hrs of truckdriving later now it feels like home, and now we wont drive for a while lol

Some interesting things, the other day we had a flat out computer issue that claimed it was a issue with the breaking system, we managed to limp it to a Scania garage(where i bought non of the overpriced jackets or toys)

Today we drove inland and over somewhat of a mountain, 20 mins going up, same back down on twisty roads, then turned around and drove back. Salted so road surface was clear even with a thick layer of snow everywhere and -2c. Also a couple of cowgates where if ur on the power while going uphill you can spin and wreck the axles apparantly.

Now does driving in a place like that lead to alot of V8 rumbling? hell yes, i want to go back

Daily check they do here now takes me less than 2 minutes, oil and coolant in the front, tires, locks for the cargo box on the frame, cargo, lights
top job, must be great to drive on those conditions despite the challenge. We need more pictures :D

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

You go Kjetil! Nice to hear you are getting in to the groove.

Return to “General Discussions”