Plane And Simple's PC Build

Everything about PC's and stuff that have something to do with it, goes here.
Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Plane And Simple's PC Build

Post by Plane And Simple »

So as you guys know this looks like it's happening lol.

My budget is somewhere in between 800 and 900€ but I could delay it a bit and push it up to 1000€ if I need to.

The initial debate: AMD vs Intel. I looked at similarly performing systems for both intel and AMD and found this:

Intel System:
Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6/4.9Ghz 379,9€
MSI Z390-A PRO 129,9€
Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 214,9€
Crucial DDR4 2400 PC4-19200 8GB CL17 x2: 74,98€
TOTAL 800€

AMD system:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6/4.4GHz 324,9€
Gigabyte B450M DS3H 72,0€
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6GB GDDR6 349,9€ (this seems too expensive for the specs. There's an RX5700 for 379€)
TOTAL 822€

What we see:
Ryzen 7 blows the i7 out of the way except for single core performance (link 3 on CPU links). Does that single core stat matter? I want to say no because overall the Ryzen 7 is so much better but i'm no expert.
The video card? RTX2660 is worse performing than the 1660. Can I put the 1660 in an AMD system? Does Intel vs AMD matter for GPUs or is there no difference?

Links for later of PC 1:
CPU Comparison:

https://hardzone.es/2019/07/14/intel-co ... to-precio/
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/In ... 3335vs3485

GPU comparison:
https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/comp ... 4062vs4025

So seeing as I wasn't happy with the video card thing I said fuck it and went to the next level with it. See the two systems:

Intel System:
Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6/4.9Ghz 379,9€
MSI Z390-A PRO 129,9€
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 385€
TOTAL 970€

AMD system:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6/4.4GHz 324,9€
Gigabyte B450M DS3H 72,0€
PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 379,9€ (this seems too expensive for the specs. There's an RX5700 for 379€)
TOTAL 855€

What we see:
Same for CPU and basically every other thing as before.
CPUs on par. Price and specs pretty much equal.

Links for PC 2:
GPU Comparison:
https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/comp ... 4107vs3842

So with that said, AMD for CPU it is. When it comes to the rest of the specs I have some questions:

1. Do I need a CPU cooler/fan?
2. Does it matter if the system is AMD or Intel for CPUs? The website for a shop from here which lots of people use to get pcs suggests RTX GPUs for AMD and GTX for Intel but I honestly have no idea.
3. Will that single core performance affect gaming much when it comes to the Ryzen 7? I'm scared lol.
4. As of RAM, can I choose literally whatever or do you recommend spending 40€ more on high brand 16Gb?
5. Are there MB's with Wifi in them or do I need this dongle thing to work it?
6. Is the onboard soundcard enough or not?
7. How hard is it to have compatibility issues with games? I don't want to spend the bucks on stuff and have bad performance because of it :/
8. What's a good wattage for something along the lines of AMD PC #2? 600W? Or 700W?
9. Is something like AMD PC #2 enough? lol.

Once I finally understand what I'm doing thanks to you guys and more reading I have to do I'll start picking components specifically. This is all just a test to check prices and performance and whatnot, just a starting point. I'll keep you updated of course. the only thing I'm sure about is the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X unless you guys find a problem with that.

Thank you so much for the help <3 and sorry for so many questions.

Maxidyne

Re: Plane And Simple's PC Build

Post by Maxidyne »

I would invest in a better mobo, would go for a X570. If it's in your budget. You have mobo's with wifi on board. Mine has it. Onboard sound is good on the Aorus ones, gold plated and high end caps. I use FX Sound Enhancer app in combination with the onboard sound. I have a Corsair CX850M because the AMD GPU's eat more watts then GeForce ones. So 700 watts will be enough. You need a decent cooler if you use it for gaming. Mine is water cooled + a lot of case fans to dispose of the heat as fast and efficient as possible. Good luck with making choices and keep us posted. Building is the nicest part of a new pc, at least I do!

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

First of you're overthinking a lot. I've build and helped build a lot of PC's even for IAAG members here that are still using them today. So if you wanna know anything about PC's, ask me, don't just google and read the first thing, there's a lot of shit out there. Wanna learn more, watch something like JayzTwoCents on Youtube or GamersNexus if you want to know in even more detail. Those are just couple trusted sources that actually know what they're talking about. That said, lets continue with your questions.

1. If you're not gonna overclock, no. But if you want to run your CPU cool and quiet Cooler Master 212Evo is a go to for cheap and good performance.

2. That shop doesn't know shit and you should don't listen to anything they say from now on. It doesn't matter what CPU brand you use with what GPU maker, AMD Intel or nVidia. You can mix them all day long, it will be fine.

3. At this point with those CPU's listed it doesn't matter they are two close to each other. You wont notice it. I want to make its clear, this is specifically talking about Ryzen 7 3700X and i7 9700k. Other CPUs may vary.

4. Ram is important specially with Ryzen, they like fast memory. I recommend for AMD or Intel buy 3200Mhz or faster if you can afford it. 3200Mhz is fine, even 3000Mhz is okay, but i won't go lower. Also buy 2 sticks of ram for example 2x8GB = 16GB total. Or 2x16GB = 32GB of ram in total. And make sure when you install the ram to check your motherboard manual to install them in dual-channel mode (basically if you have 4 ram slots on the motherboard, they need to be installed in every second slot, but do check the manual, it may vary on some boards)

5. There are boards with built it Wi-Fi, yes. You don't need to have a dongle. Not all boards have built in Wi-Fi.

6. Depends on the board, now a days it does. Most even low end boards have "good enough" audio. More expensive and higher end boards have better built in audio. In most cases for average person built in audio is fine.

7. It's not very common. Sometimes with new (just released) hardware there can be compatibility problems cause its new hardware and still has few bugs that will get solved with bios or driver updates(or game updates).

8. First things first: Never cheap out on a PSU (Power Supply Unit) Because if it dies it can take everything that's connected to it with it, so basically it can kill your entire PC (very rare). As for PSU depends on what PC you're building. Personally i go for bigger PSU's like 800-850W but that's just me and my needs. Normal gaming PC can run just fine with 600-700W (and less, but again, depends on the system) unit. Don't buy cheap no name brand PSU also. Good ones are Seasonic (basically best PSU maker), Corsair, EVGA, be quiet! and others.

9. R7 3700X is a good CPU, GPU is also good for the price to performance compared to nVidia. Other parts needs to be improved. You can also get R7 2700 with 5700XT and save a ton of money. Personally i prefer nVidia my self, so i would go with RTX2070 Super, but that's just me and i have my own reasons for choosing nVidia. 5700XT is a great card for a great price.

Ask if you wanna know more, i tried to keep this short, yes this is short... lol

PS. Topic moved to proper forum

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Oh god lol okay let's see.

@Maxidyne : I'll look into MBs tomorrow but noted. We'll see what the budget allows after all this lol. What makes a good MB?

@CDMC :

1. Okay thanks. I'll add one if I have some extra money to spare. If it's not mandatory I might add some better model later. It's cool if it's quiet as well. Saving the CM one.
2. Nevermind, I just checked again and they don't suggest that. I just hadn't opened the popup and seen all the options. There's everything in there to choose from, it just picks an RTXwhatever as standard in most cases and I associated it with AMD/Intel. Nothing wrong then.
3. Right. to be honest if the Ryzen 7 3700X is a good one this would be my final decision (is there a better one for equal or slightly better price? Looked and it doesnt look like it. Next one is the 3800X and its like 50€ more it looks like and I dont think i'd feel it much would I?).
4. Right so ditch the RAM I posted then. Noted.
5. Right. We'll see when I choose that then.
6. Perfect. One less expense lol and as I'm not running 7.1 or anything I guess I'll be fine. Cool.
7. Thats great. If it's regularly updated I'm fine with it. Just don't want many issues, I want it to be as stable as possible.
8. Yeah I was thinking about Corsair. I remember you guys running them and not having issues so I will do that too I think. If they're too pricey I'll see what else is there but if it isn't that bad then Corsair it'll be.
9. Makes sense. I didn't pay much attention (if any) to the rest. First things I want to do is MB, CPU and GPU and then we'll worry about the rest lol. How do you feel about 3700X vs 2700? it's 330€ vs 240€ so it's quite a decent amount of money but if it's worth it i'm willing to pay.

About the video card, I'm an NVidia guy myself as well as i've never had an issue with their stuff. It's 450€ vs 380€ in favour of the 5700XT so then again, if it's worth it i'm paying but if not i'll be ok with the XT I think.

Sorry for this whole hassle hahaha

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

3. R7 3800X is a bit faster, but its not worth 50 extra euros. Don't waste your money. You can even go for R5 3600 (non X version) and save more money.

6. Most motherboards have 5.1/7.1 already, even low end boards. There are few exceptions, as always.

7. That's why i bought R7 2700 and X470 motherboard 3 months before AMD 3000 series and X570 launched. Cause i knew there will be problems with the new stuff and i want stability, my PC runs 24/7 after all lol. It happen just as i thought, there were problems and it took a while to sort them out. Now AMD 3000 series and X570 boards run much better together.

8. I run older revision Corsair HX850. Its running for 7 years 24/7 no problems.

9. lol! Buy R7 2700! Save that money for something else. Its a good CPU and its plenty for gaming, yes its one gen older but that doesn't mean anything. I'm running one for close to a year (i think) at 3.8Ghz 24/7 no problems.

5700XT vs what card? 5700XT is faster than RTX2070(non Super) and RTX2060 Super

Don't worry about the hassle, ask away. Glad to help :)

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

Okay so this came out:

Processor, met. AMD Ryzen 7 2700X it is. I see the PRO and normal version score equally on the benchmark so I guess it doesn't matter?

Mobo, Gigabyte X570 Gaming X is 190€ which seems fair. Theres a bunch of X570s which are more expensive and one thats a little cheaper. AFAIK this one doesnt have Wifi but I'll see if I get one of those dongle things or opt for a Wifi MB. How should I choose between all the X570s available? This one is DDR4 and seems decent enough to me with all the options it's got but apart from Wifi idk if i'm missing anything.

GPU, I'm looking at the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB. It's the only one that's available from that spec range in the shop but if I need to find a better one elsewhere I could. It's above the recommended 970 but below the 2080. I'm not spending 600€ on a gpu just yet lol. Is it a good choice? Would you choose something better? Maybe some 8GB 2xxx which is decently priced?

RAM it'll be 16 as of now. I'll upgrade later, as long as 8Gbx4 is doable which it should be right? I found G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3000 16GB 2x8GB for 75€ and Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB for 90€. I know you guys have good experiences with the Vengeance so I think I'll go for those if you don't disagree. Theyre decent priced and 3200MHz so I guess thats good. Do I need DDR5 though? Or is this good?

HDD I'd like to know some decent brand as well. Seagate and all those I've heard good stuff about but I honestly don't know much about them. There's some Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" 1TB SATA3 for 40€ which would work right?

PSU This shop is suggesting something like Corsair CV Series CV650 650W 80 Plus Bronze. Its corsair so I'll add this here. Haven't looked into PSUs yet so not final at all.

And Bandwidth. Lol. That'll be another story for a different day.

So, so far:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 2x8GB
Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" 1TB SATA3

According to the shop this is 820€ right now. I expect case and other stuff to be around 100 so we'd be about 100€ below budget. What do you think?

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

lol i can run it

finally a game that requires 32GB of ram :emoji23:

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

@Plane And Simple get B450 board https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/b450-tomahawk-max this one (make sure its the MAX version). you dont need X570. Now that you save a lot of money going for B450, spend it on 5700XT, it will smoke that 1660 :emoji28:

also i would suggest looking at Western Digital Black series 1TB HDD

Plane And Simple
Donator
Donator

CDMC wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 10:23
@Plane And Simple get B450 board https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/b450-tomahawk-max this one (make sure its the MAX version). you dont need X570. Now that you save a lot of money going for B450, spend it on 5700XT, it will smoke that 1660 :emoji28:

also i would suggest looking at Western Digital Black series 1TB HDD
Awesome. Is the rest of the stuff good? RAM specifically.

Looked at the shop for the WD and they have it. Decent price so there we go.

PSU: Is what I posted OK? Corsair CV Series CV650 650W 80 Plus Bronze. I checked on one of those psu calculator pages and it says its around 450W for my spec

Also, Looking at the GPUs theres like 3 versions of 5700 XT's. Are they much different? See here: https://www.pccomponentes.com/buscar/?query=5700+xt

So it is:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 185€
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX 120€
PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB ??? 380€
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 2x8GB 90€
WD Black 1TB SATA3 85€
Corsair CV Series CV650 650W 80 Plus Bronze 64€

TOTAL 925€

We're getting close to budget. What am I missing? I don't want to blow over it lol. Case is left, and maybe Wifi thingy if I don't end up bringing the router here (have to check range with the rest of the house). I think that's it. I assume everything is compatible and stuff right? GPU-CPU-MB and all. I know RAM and HDD are whatever you want to do :D

CDMC
Admin
Admin

Post by CDMC »

for PSU can you get your hands on Corsair CX650M? its semi-modular, less hassle installing it cause you connect only the cables you need. but thats just me, you can go with CV650 cause its cheaper, up to you.

as for GPU, i see a lot of version in that link, can you be more specific on the 3 models you see?

Return to “PC's”