Post real truck pictures and videos here!

General discussions about anything with wheels goes here and apparently boats, now.
Maxidyne

Re: Post real truck pictures and videos here!

Post by Maxidyne »

I remember the 12 speed Mack gearbox all to well: our CL had one, hardest gearbox to shift smooth. Doesn't like to be thrown in to gears fast. At least in my experience.

Love this truck:

Interior is so nice. Big rugged buttons and switches.

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Beautiful

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Of course it will start; it's a R model. Toughest truck ever built.

Almost started to run! Just in time with a piece of wood. Rare steel dashboard version!

Pig Pen: boy, these lonely long highways sure grind the souls of us cowboys. - Keep the bugs Image off’n your glass and the bears off’n your ass!

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Slidpad driving today, almost fully jackknifed, only pic i remembered to take. Was a simply drive at 50km/h with 1 set of wheels on the part of the track with more friction and break task, thing instantly went sideways enough for me to end up there.
Stopped by a huge pack of tires and a dirt mount they have around some poles. Truck and me fully undamaged. Good thing that shit happened at the playground(as the teachers call it lol) Having that happen at that low speed with no chance of getting out of it, can only imagine highway speed

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

Post by Plane And Simple »

You bet. Crazy stuff, especially considering how heavy these are.

You live and learn thats for sure. Stay safe!

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

That was a sweaty palms moment! Luckily no one was hurt. And it happened in a controlled environment. 13 years ago I also almost jack knifed a truck and trailer while doing a Code 95 training.

No worries, now you know how it feels, and what to do, and not to do.

Maxidyne

Post by Maxidyne »

Se7en

Post by Se7en »

@Kjetil-Hestvik Good thing it happened in an enclosed area! You guys over there really have very detailed truck driving training and courses. No such things over here, it's just a matter of passing a city driving course and here's your license and keys! Other stuff you have to figure out on your own.
“Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain.”

Kjetil-Hestvik
VIP
VIP

Post by Kjetil-Hestvik »

Crazy its that much of a difference, reminds me of top gear vietnam and the drive around a yard thing they did

Got back into a truck today for all day driving training, sucked real hard after the incident. Gona take a long time for that to leave the head

Plane And Simple
IAAG Member
IAAG Member

Post by Plane And Simple »

Kjetil-Hestvik wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 16:19
Crazy its that much of a difference, reminds me of top gear vietnam and the drive around a yard thing they did

Got back into a truck today for all day driving training, sucked real hard after the incident. Gona take a long time for that to leave the head
For sure. Here for cars all we do is learn to drive in the city/road in general and pass a test. No accident avoidance, no over/understeer recognition drills, nothing. Just normal driving.

I have a friend in Finland who had to pass several safe driving courses to get his license, apart from the street driving stuff. That's how it should be.

Return to “General Discussions #2”